Factory Images To Restore Your Phone Back to Factory or Unbrick Your Phone

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

Is it just me or is the link to the ZVI blocked now? Can we get an updated location?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

redfishsc

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying to unbrick my Viper. I rooted it and disabled the voicemail and messenger apps on it, and a few others which I don't recall, and now I get the "security error".

Now, I've followed all the steps. I'm using the files from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-viper-using-android-4-0-4-tot-dll-print.html

When I load the files in the LG Tool, following the instructions above, and hit the start button, nothing seems to happen. The start-button fades (as expected) and the stop-button lights up, indicating that something has started. But the phone just sits doing seemingly nothing. Has the same message "Download is in progress do not disconnect cable" but no matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

I see no % indicator on my computer or phone. The phone did have Android 4.0.4 and I do have the drivers installed. I was sure to double check the com ports in the device manager and followed the steps as best I can. All I can figure is that the dll file isn't quite what my phone wants or something.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the USB but no luck.

Running Windows 7 64bit.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm trying to unbrick my Viper. I rooted it and disabled the voicemail and messenger apps on it, and a few others which I don't recall, and now I get the "security error".
Now, I've followed all the steps. I'm using the files from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-viper-using-android-4-0-4-tot-dll-print.html

When I load the files in the LG Tool, following the instructions above, and hit the start button, nothing seems to happen. The start-button fades (as expected) and the stop-button lights up, indicating that something has started. But the phone just sits doing seemingly nothing. Has the same message "Download is in progress do not disconnect cable" but no matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

I see no % indicator on my computer or phone. The phone did have Android 4.0.4 and I do have the drivers installed. I was sure to double check the com ports in the device manager and followed the steps as best I can. All I can figure is that the dll file isn't quite what my phone wants or something.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the USB but no luck.

Running Windows 7 64bit.

check your pm

redfishsc

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

EDIT TO ABOVE reply.

I have the LG tool working now. I had one step that I was screwing up. I was not seeing the "manual mode" check box under the Model Settings.

I was actually selecting the correct files to begin with, but I wasn't selecting the manual mode checkbox and removing the pre-loaded file names (which were the same files, just as you said in the tutorial).

It's seemingly doing it's thing now. We'll see when it's done. Thanks for all your help.

EDIT again--- It worked. Thank you for all your help in this tutorial, you were as clear as you needed to be and I just didn't notice the "manual mode" button.

The LG tool actually snagged at 88%, and then gave me a red warning "Download Fail" and lost communication with "specific port".

Well either way the phone is working now, restored to original factory bloatware-obesity. Now to root it and NOT delete the wrong crap like I did the other day.

Thanks!

Matt

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

EDIT TO ABOVE reply.

I have the LG tool working now. I had one step that I was screwing up. I was not seeing the "manual mode" check box under the Model Settings.

Once the phone reboots the first time you can unplug the phone. most of the time it will 98 percent and turn red in percentage . but don't worry when phone reboots its unbricked.

I was actually selecting the correct files to begin with, but I wasn't selecting the manual mode checkbox and removing the pre-loaded file names (which were the same files, just as you said in the tutorial).

It's seemingly doing it's thing now. We'll see when it's done. Thanks for all your help.

Nanang Munawar Nuri

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

hallo master tommyjoesanders....

cant you send me print screen step by step about flash offline LG viper toback gingerbread

thank..^_^

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Just be aware that sprint is rolling out another update too the LG Viper. Its just a small update too mostly fixed the radios S/W is LS840ZVK

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Can't wait... They are upgrading the tower about 400 feet from my house so I should have 4g soon... A radio upgrade would be nice... Especially if it helps release the phantom 4g signals I have been picking up and switch better to 3g.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Can't wait... They are upgrading the tower about 400 feet from my house so I should have 4g soon... A radio upgrade would be nice... Especially if it helps release the phantom 4g signals I have been picking up and switch better to 3g.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I will post tot and dll ASAP. At least Sprint is trying too switch this tower over as quick as they can.