Factory Images To Restore Your Phone Back to Factory or Unbrick Your Phone

moose1313

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some difficulty, my wife's phone, LG viper, was unsuccessful in rooting. So as of now it's a paper weight. I went through the processes in this thread and am still unsuccessful in factory resetting it. All I have access to is download screen and the Bootloader. I keep getting stuck on the flash exe. Program. I changed com port and am using zvk. I selected manual and picked the dll. And tot. Hit start and it just sits there. I tried zvi also with same results. Sorry for missing something here, I'm used to samsung and never dealt with LG before any help would be awesome, wife is staring at me like she is going to start cutting me soon. Lol
Edit : fixed now just had to unplug /re plug 4xs for whatever reason but got it thanks

Last edited:

joe zack

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
so did anybody after rooting,,,,,,,,,,,install the cwm and the phone goes to recovery mode,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?please let us know thank you in advance..

joe zack

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
R34SKYLINE
try again,,,,,,,,,,,but make sure you com is set to 41,,,,,,,,i did many of them with zvi file and dll and it work with no problem and you can even root it.........................recheck ur work always go over everything again..................same story measure twice and cut ones....good luck

mehpersonguy0

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

I've done everything I needed to, set to D/L Mode, changed the ports to 41, etc. When I try to start the process, the program sits there at this page, and does not change at all; no progress bar/numbers, nothing (my phone is at the D/L screen but nothing happens, arrows dont move, etc.). I keep hearing about a progress bar though...am I missing something?
LG Flash Tool issues.png

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I didn't read the directions closely enough to see that i needed to change the .dll/.tot despite setting them upon opening LG Flash Tool XD Second time I've misread...

Last edited:

Silvr777

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I am new to rooting Android devices and I have a problem. I rooted my Viper and wanted to back up the ROM. I downloaded ROM Manger and installed the ClockWorkRecovery for a MS840 thinking that it was similar enough. When I rebooted into recovery it stays stuck at the Welcome to fastboot screen. If I try to do a factory reset it gets stuck at the fastboot screen. I think this thread has the answer to fix my problem.

I am having some problems following it though. I am using Windows 8 and I think that LG may have changed the driver since the thread was started. I downloaded the driver from LG’s site this morning. When I install it and plug in my phone Windows recognizes it as Android Sooner ADB Interface. There is no option to change the port in the device manager anymore.

Does anyone know how I can go about flashing a stock ROM to my phone or how I can remove ClockWork Recovery from it? Thanks, any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Silvr777

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I solved my problem with a lot of help from my friend Google, a lot of reading and a lot of try and fail. The problem was the drivers. I had downloaded the drivers manually from the LG website. That is why it showed as a different name. I got the LG Mobile Support Tool and ran it. It identifies the phone model and downloads a driver for the phone and a driver to use the phone as a modem. When the modem driver is installed I see a device under ports. I could then change the port number and follow your tutorial. The only other problem was that your links to the stock ROM were invalid. I did some googling and found what I needed though. Thanks for your original write up. I would not have been able to do it without it.

Yehoshua Talansky

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

I followed all instruction but nothing happens when I click start also I dont see
9. Go to port settings in the LG FlashTool program and select port 1 only. and please ok.
Please help!!!!

matthew dawson2

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Can you help me un brick my lg g2 vs980? its a hard brick. i cant get it into download mode. i have lg flash tool and drivers
. i have the zip and tot files for stock firmware. i tried to use ubuntu to flash the images back but couldnt get ubuntu to ever boot from cd or usb drive.:(

mrcblake

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I have an lg ls660 that I want to sell. Can you tell me how to erase my phone number from the phone

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an lg ls660 that I want to sell. Can you tell me how to erase my phone number from the phone

The phone number is associated with the SIM (assuming this is a GSM phone, and not a CDMA phone). Remove the SIM, then remove your Google account (in Settings>Accounts, then do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1