Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree30Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #226  

Default Re: How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

Quote Originally Posted by arn1016 View Post
    Cant i use rom toolbox or quickboot to boot into recovery mode. J am rooted on gb zvd.. I never permanently deleted any sprint apps just froze.them and unfroze them to get ready.for.the.update. I dont have.computer access till after thanksgiving so im tryin to do this from my phone.
    The phone can't be rooted. the phone must completely be stocked. You will need too use unbrick method sticky too fix the issue
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    The phone can't be rooted. the phone must completely be stocked. You will need too use unbrick method sticky too fix the issue
    Root doesn't affect OTA. That's how people used Voodoo OTA root.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

I used voodoo ota rootkeeper i found out.if youclear the data for the google framwork service after a failed update.the update will be available again.. I have all the sprint apps used voodoo . Downloaded the.update.thru the.software in the setting ran install it rebooted the arrow witht the.android guy came up got mahbe 1/3 of the way barely noticed a triangle with ! In the middle then it rebooted tk GB... Idk what could be.the.issue i dont want to factory reset and loss everything since i dont have a computer right now makes it a bit more.difficult. Thanks for.the help and.reading thru my poorly typed run on sentencd

Edit!
    No luck im downloading the update yet again using the setting software update search should.i try using voodoo and hitting temp un root ? Been pretty stuck any help greatly appreciated

Tried editing my last post phones going nuts.on me i notice com.lgers is unistalled in ti and no back up was made would.that effect the update?

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Tried editing my last post phones going nuts.on me i notice com.lgers is unistalled in ti and no back up was made would.that effect the update?
    Yes. You can't uninstall ANY preloaded apps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

n0ve likes this.

I never unistalles it i just opened up ti back up and it says com.lge.er is unistalled no back up ive.read.up alot on people asking what it is.no one seems to know. Going to try again later tonight. unless com.lge.er is needed or anyone knows what it.is..

I tried the manual update this time i can boot to recovery. It fails and i get this error
    Failed apply_patch_check(system/build.prop)
    Some long number
    E:error in/tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (status 7)

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I tried the manual update this time i can boot to recovery. It fails and i get this error
    Failed apply_patch_check(system/build.prop)
    Some long number
    E:error in/tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (status 7)
    You edited your build.prop?

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    You edited your build.prop?

Yes sir and i put it back to normal now im in business running ics finally
    Thanks everyone for the help going to be sticking around this community is very helpful id like to contribute
    Thanked by:
    mij9895 likes this.

Default How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0

I need a help ... I was not sure if this is the right place to put a post, but I hope that you will direct me if I'm wrong ... I do not have great knowledge of the Android operating system, so I try to learn something by reading your post and try to install on my tablet Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ... In fact, I have a tablet that is produced by a Chinese company, (or maybe Korean), Saaya, Dropad A8. It has Android OS 2.3, and I'd like to install Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on it. I'm sending you the information about the processor, because it's a Samsung (Processor: SAMSUNG S5PV210Cortex A8 1GHz), so if you can help or point me how to do that, I'd be grateful ... I know how to install the operating system on mine computer, I believe it was similar, I've seen some posts about it, but I do not know if this model and can be installed the latest operating system 4.0... There is no instructions ,on Youtube, which can show me how to do it on this model, but if you know a tutorial that can help me, thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    I need a help ... I was not sure if this is the right place to put a post, but I hope that you will direct me if I'm wrong ... I do not have great knowledge of the Android operating system, so I try to learn something by reading your post and try to install on my tablet Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 ... In fact, I have a tablet that is produced by a Chinese company, (or maybe Korean), Saaya, Dropad A8. It has Android OS 2.3, and I'd like to install Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 on it. I'm sending you the information about the processor, because it's a Samsung (Processor: SAMSUNG S5PV210Cortex A8 1GHz), so if you can help or point me how to do that, I'd be grateful ... I know how to install the operating system on mine computer, I believe it was similar, I've seen some posts about it, but I do not know if this model and can be installed the latest operating system 4.0... There is no instructions ,on Youtube, which can show me how to do it on this model, but if you know a tutorial that can help me, thanks in advance.
    Well each device has proprietary files therefore (usually) you need model specific firmware. Luckily with tablets it is more ubiversal. Unfortunately , this is a thread for LG Viper...I can personally help if u drop me an email ..n0veGG@gmail.com (new domain isnt hosted yet but be on the lookout for androidhookup.com community I'm starting to not only help others but meet people , unlike some sites who flame troll etc. Peace.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

To*

- - - Updated - - -

To*

hi ahhh i trying to update my pohone samsung s gt 7562 untel nw i dont know what happen all files i download is bot totaly ecxact to my p[hone

Default Re: Manually install ICS direction

can i ask you im trying to update my phone samaung s dou gt 7562 untel nw i cant update

hi i saw your whole working here website it is awesome i have my lg updated to 4.0.4 is there any latest version lg model LU6200

its taking too long time what can i do now?

ROM
    CM9/10

Go to your phones forum. This is for the lg viper

Sent from my LG-LS840 using AC Forums mobile app

Talking Re: How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

*to
    too [ too ]
    adverb
    1. in addition; also; furthermore; moreover: young, clever, and rich too.
    2. to an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right: too sick to travel.
    3. more, as specified, than should be: too near the fire.
    JFYI You sound like a very smart guy though!

Help i tried this now i cant boot my phone all i get is the android guy with the box with an arrow coming out of it and no progress bar can someone pls help me its a lg optimus elite

ROM
    CM9/10

Ok. Not to be an *** or anything but please just read the name of the forum. LG VIPER. Now, go to your phones forum and find the unbrick method.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using AC Forums mobile app

yuhhhuuuuu galaxy S4

Default Re: Manually install ICS direction

in mine the tablet is completely dead and whatever was there in its memory is deleted so then how can I follow these steps "goto settings>applications>development>usb debugging" I cant even see the home just some dead android logo. Is there any alternate to this

How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip-dsc_0117.jpg
    How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip-dsc_0119.jpg
    Master..!!! help me please...
    i can't upgrade to ICS..why?
    thanks

When you say the root of the removable disk do you mean a specific folder?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910