Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

Default Re: Manually install ICS direction

Yea im used to phones were power button is usually the select button in recovery. To tommyjoesanders i figured it out...edited my post.
    tommyjoesanders likes this.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by googleitson View Post
    lulz how did u get it to work? im stuck where you were! just the arrow coming out of the arrow coming out of the box and no update/status bar...
    I had named the file update.zip.zip using my phone . I re downloaded it on my pc and renamed it update.zip and put in on my sd card.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by googleitson View Post
    cmd tells me "c:\" is not recognized as an internal or external command, program or batch file... HELP!!!!!( thanks by the way to everyone working on this)
    Did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

People unfamiliar with cmd are probably having a little trouble. Use the command "cd c:\adb" to change directories to the adb folder.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

To get into recovery once you get to the factory reset screen and it asks you to confirm,do that and as soon as you see the next screen press the menu button. Next to the home button. If i remember right that's it.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

When I get to the c:\abd directory and enter the command it says daemon starting something or another but then eventually concludes to "Device not found"
    ?? I'm in the debug mode.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Quote Originally Posted by david6588 View Post
    When I get to the c:\abd directory and enter the command it says daemon starting something or another but then eventually concludes to "Device not found"
    ?? I'm in the debug mode.
    try this command too make sure your phone is connected

adb devices
    if you dont get anything back. unplug the usb from the pc and plug into another usb port and redo adb reboot recovery. hope that helps
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Ok i needed to install the LG device drivers LG LS840 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA listed here.

Everything appears to be working now its updating.
    tommyjoesanders likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Thanks for the uploading and help man! I'm on ICS as we speak

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

ok so my issue is that i deleted a lot of the sprint apps and the "checking current system" fails because its looking for sprintid.apk and i removed it >.< does anyone have these sprint apps from gingerbread?

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I need some help. I have the update.zip (not "zip.zip")on my sd card and adb on my pc. I can get C drive into adb and can even get it to run. My problem is that my phone only stays in recovery for about 3 seconds and boots up. I've been working on this for quite awhile and not sure what else to do. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Never mind...got it!!!!!

After months of lurking, this thread finally pushed me into registering. I downloaded the update.zip, put it on the root of my sdcard, and rebooted into recovery via adb (I have a little prior experience, having rooted both an OG Droid and, hilariously enough, a Nook. I have not rooted the Viper, BTW). After rebooting into recovery and selecting the update, I'm instead getting "E: signature verification failed", and it craps out. I'm redownloading the update.zip now (v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y... c'mon, sendspace!), but are there any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenumX View Post
    ok so my issue is that i deleted a lot of the sprint apps and the "checking current system" fails because its looking for sprintid.apk and i removed it >.< does anyone have these sprint apps from gingerbread?
    If anyone else is having this issue...i used the unbrick method (may have been extreme) to restore the original system files and them the update.zip went through fine

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by staticK78 View Post
    I need some help. I have the update.zip (not "zip.zip")on my sd card and adb on my pc. I can get C drive into adb and can even get it to run. My problem is that my phone only stays in recovery for about 3 seconds and boots up. I've been working on this for quite awhile and not sure what else to do. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Never mind...got it!!!!!
    What did you do? I'm getting the same 3 seconds only in recovery.

Also guys getting errors when typing in C:\, i tried cd\ and that worked.

Thank you for sharing :-) I'm excited about putting this onto my lg viper.

I have a pretty fast web server...Would it be okay to post a mirror of the update.zip file?

Quote Originally Posted by ReachCirrus View Post
    What did you do? I'm getting the same 3 seconds only in recovery.

Also guys getting errors when typing in C:\, i tried cd\ and that worked.
    Here is a simple method to open a command prompt. From explorer go to "Computer" then locate c:\ open "C" and look for the adb folder. While holding shift right click on the folder and look for the option "Open command window here". I hope this helps you get to the proper directory :-)

FYI - You can go up a directory by typing cd..

Quote Originally Posted by btux81 View Post
    Here is a simple method to open a command prompt. From explorer go to "Computer" then locate c:\ open "C" and look for the adb folder. While holding shift right click on the folder and look for the option "Open command window here". I hope this helps you get to the proper directory :-)

FYI - You can go up a directory by typing cd..
    Thank you. I do appreciate your help, but i can get adb to put my phone in recovery. its just that the recovery lasts only 3 seconds after reboot. then the phone reboots again and comes back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ReachCirrus View Post
    Thank you. I do appreciate your help, but i can get adb to put my phone in recovery. its just that the recovery lasts only 3 seconds after reboot. then the phone reboots again and comes back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
    Are you rooted? I just did the process today while rooted using ROM Manager to reboot me into recovery.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Is this safe to flash guys, is anyone running it?

Are there any noticeable bugs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

i got mine updated all you have to do is download the file rename it to update press and hold vol - and power button then press power and power again once you see the ! with the triangle press vol buttons again you should see the recovery menu and install update then you should just wait and done...might wana update profile on update section i would post a pic but i dont really have time...:P
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Is this safe to flash guys, is anyone running it?

Are there any noticeable bugs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes this is the legit download and yes this the file from google server. all I did is changed the filename too update.zip and wrote the guide how too install it.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Quote Originally Posted by btux81 View Post
    Thank you for sharing :-) I'm excited about putting this onto my lg viper.

I have a pretty fast web server...Would it be okay to post a mirror of the update.zip file?
    Yes please. Downloading at 70 kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by criddled View Post
    Yes please. Downloading at 70 kbps.
    My Mirror :-)
    update.zip
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenumX View Post
    If anyone else is having this issue...i used the unbrick method (may have been extreme) to restore the original system files and them the update.zip went through fine

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks VenumX...I am having the same problem since I removed all of the Sprint bloatware, including Sprint ID (sprintid.apk), after I rooted my phone, but the only thing holding up the install is the Sprint ID failure message. I was googling to try and see if I can just download and install Sprint ID as a stand-alone install but I haven't found a sure fire way to do that so I will try the unbrick method that you used.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tommyjoesanders!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDroid View Post
    Thanks VenumX...I am having the same problem since I removed all of the Sprint bloatware, including Sprint ID (sprintid.apk), after I rooted my phone, but the only thing holding up the install is the Sprint ID failure message. I was googling to try and see if I can just download and install Sprint ID as a stand-alone install but I haven't found a sure fire way to do that so I will try the unbrick method that you used.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tommyjoesanders!
    What method did you use to root in ICS?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast