Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: Manually install ICS direction

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    did you delete any system apps.
    Only the Sprint ones that were able to be deleted I forgot which ones those were
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #127  

Quote Originally Posted by PuertoRicano4G View Post
    Only the Sprint ones that were able to be deleted I forgot which ones those were
    thats why you can't install the update. you will have too unbrick method guide too fix it and then you install ics manual update guide
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Thanks tommyjoesanders & everyone else who helped thru out this thread. Finally got my sons phone on some good ol ice cream sammich!! And i must say its pretty frickin sweet!
    tommyjoesanders likes this.

thats why you can't install the update. you will have too unbrick method guide too fix it and then you install ics manual update guide
    Oh well can't I just reinstall the apps from the play store in the Sprint section? I still have Sprint ID, Sprint Zone, voicemail and all the other apps that couldn't be deleted out of box
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #130  

Quote Originally Posted by rp076 View Post
    Thanks tommyjoesanders & everyone else who helped thru out this thread. Finally got my sons phone on some good ol ice cream sammich!! And i must say its pretty frickin sweet!
    your welcome
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

BTW what is the unbrick method?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

BTW what is the unbrick method?
    it will unbrick a phone and it will also fix everything back too factory out of box status

it will unbrick a phone and it will also fix everything back too factory out of box status
    OK so how do I do that or do I just do a Factory Reset?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #134  

OK so how do I do that or do I just do a Factory Reset?
    read the guide how too unbrick your phone posted by me and don't skip any steps.

read the guide how too unbrick your phone posted by me and don't skip any steps.
    Lol Alright umm sorry but idk where the guide is
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #136  

Lol Alright umm sorry but idk where the guide is
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...-firmware.html

Ok so im up to Step 8 but this Model Config page comes up and its asking me for a DLL what do i put?

Nvm I think I got it on Step 13 now hoafally everything was done right don't see a progress bar or anything though.. hmmm..
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #139  

Nvm I think I got it on Step 13 now hoafally everything was done right don't see a progress bar or anything though.. hmmm..
    press the start arrow and unplug the phone and plug it back in the same spot and it will start going

Quote Originally Posted by rp076 View Post
    Isn't it funny how we care about what is on our girlfriend's/kid's/wife's phones more than they do?:what:

And for the cheapest phone I've ever bought, including iPhones, I'm amazed at how much I like it. ESPECIALLY now!

Tommy and Nigel and Gollum and the others are, in fact, awesome... LG should have them on payroll

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network
    Thanked by:
    rp076 
    rp076 and tommyjoesanders like this.

press the start arrow and unplug the phone and plug it back in the same spot and it will start going
    Ok I got it now. had it in the wrong port.... I will try the ICS update again once this is all comple and i'll let you know the results
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #142  

Thank you for them kind words that means alot when we can help members out on daily basis and i will keep on doing what I can for the members and the forum
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #143  

Ok I got it now. had it in the wrong port.... I will try the ICS update again once this is all comple and i'll let you know the results
    remember too let the phone complete boot up and set your phone up like you did the first day you got it and when you get too the home screen for the first time then follow the thread how too install ICS manually

Hi, thanks for the ics rom and update procedure, however i'm unable to download the rom and it shows the following error
    The download link has been updated (error: #10).
    You may now download the file.
    If this error is persistent, please try to disable your anti-virus program or add sendspace to your white list.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #145  

Quote Originally Posted by kanishk619 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the ics rom and update procedure, however i'm unable to download the rom and it shows the following error
    I just check the link and had no issues when I got ready too download. make sure too disable anti virus or use this link and change it too the word update after you download it. just highlight the file and then right click it and then goto rename and then type update it has too be in lowercase letter and then hit enter
    http://android.clients.google.com/pa...ZVI_02_inc.zip

Ok I figured out my problem. I needed to restart the ADB server.
    I had to unplug my phone from my pc turn off and then on usb debuging enter cmd mode on pc, then adb kill-server --> adb start-server -->adb devices
    My computer and ADB wasn't reading my device anymore for some reason. I think it may have been since I flashed to ZVD recovery and wiped SD.

^For anyone who gets the message "error: Device not found" when trying to boot recovery
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #147  

Quote Originally Posted by Dcashdollar View Post
    Ok I figured out my problem. I needed to restart the ADB server.
    I had to unplug my phone from my pc turn off and then on usb debuging enter cmd mode on pc, then adb kill-server --> adb start-server -->adb devices
    My computer and ADB wasn't reading my device anymore for some reason. I think it may have been since I flashed to ZVD recovery and wiped SD.

^For anyone who gets the message errorevice not found
    Make sure your usb debug is on as well

Updated Thanks TJS
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #149  

Quote Originally Posted by Dcashdollar View Post
    Updated Thanks TJS
    Glad too hear that

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by btux81 View Post
    My Mirror :-)
    update.zip
    - - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by btux81 View Post
    My Mirror :-)
    update.zip
    As of 11/1/2012- The Official Android 4.0.4 was released for the LG Viper 4G LTE. I am trying too get too get it posted at this time with the download link.

Please read this webpage.
    Sprint Community: LG Viper 4G LTE: LG Viper 4G LTE Software Updates

Directions how too install the update.zip manually.

1. download this link Download update.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    the filename is update.zip (don't change it or will not be able too install correctly later on in this guide)
    2. transfer the file you just downloaded too the root of sd card.

3. make sure you have adb install on pc and turn on usb debug on your device.

4. if you don't have adb install. here is a download link just for you
    Download ADB.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

5. when that file is downloaded open it using windows explorer and it will show a folder called adb. copy that folder too the C drive of your pc.

6. now lets run cmd command in windows 7. click on your windows 7 icon on the bottom leftside of your screen.
    there is a place called search files and programs. in that spot please type in cmd.

7. now you will get your c:\user\whateverishere> type cd\ and press enter

8. now you should a display that shows c:\

9. next type this command in c:\adb when you have done that press enter

10. now your command prompt is C:\ADB>

11. now type in this command on the C:\ADB> adb reboot recovery and press enter

12. now the phone will reboot in stock recovery and when it does select update.zip in your menu choice in the recovery menu and the process takes about 10 mins too install when it dones your device will reboot too ICS

P.S. your home button is the select button when you chose your update.zip. many members brought it too my attention and glad they did. I forgot too add it too the directions. thanks everyone for correcting me on that note.

Please don't change the filename when you download the update.zip. just download the file and move it too the sd card
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast