Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    msafstROMs Avatar

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Manually install ICS direction

The only file that Sendspace downloads is Update.zip.exe, then installs WeatherBug, and other useless software. Nothing downloads for the ICS update
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #152  

look futher down the page near the bottom
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Is anyone having issues with the notification LED after a manual upgrade? Mine will not work at all. Everything else is golden.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ben_ji1974 View Post
    Is anyone having issues with the notification LED after a manual upgrade? Mine will not work at all. Everything else is golden.
    No. mine works fine. However, they now set it up to light up orange as soon as the phone hits 15%. For me that's quite annoying.
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB

How did you do that? I can't find any LED settings.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ben_ji1974 View Post
    How did you do that? I can't find any LED settings.
    I didn't. That's how LG set it up apparently.
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by msafstrom View Post
    The only file that Sendspace downloads is Update.zip.exe, then installs WeatherBug, and other useless software. Nothing downloads for the ICS update
    I have copy of it stored on my web server. Here is a link:
    Thanked by:
    Nudelz 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

I need too know from the forum member are the directions how too install ics manually not clear enough . i have no issue trying too make things better in the directions. i just don't understand whats going on. my pm is getting full messages saying it doesn't work. please forum help me out.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #159  

also will be updating links. since some members are reporting they can't download the correct files.

Man Sendspace is slow. Trying this out once I eventually get the file.

And by the way, they are failing at download because Sendspace has you download their installation program by default. You have to uncheck the box.

Oh my! Thanks, Saved me an hour. I'll get to install sooner now!

Worked like a charm. Will post if I run into any issues during use.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #164  

I tried using my dropbox and said I had too much traffic on there and block my account for 72 hours.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #165  

OP Is updated with better directions and hope this will make things easier on people. I am sorry I have too use sendspace so make sure you don't add there installer too get your files. I will try too find another method too use for the files

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    OP Is updated with better directions and hope this will make things easier on people. I am sorry I have too use sendspace so make sure you don't add there installer too get your files. I will try too find another method too use for the files
    I can host it on my server...unlimited traffic and 1GB bandwidth.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #167  

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    I can host it on my server...unlimited traffic and 1GB bandwidth.
    please go right ahead nigel. i am having too use sendspace at the moment
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #168  

OP is updated I just got some information in regards too doing manual install. If your LS840ZVC the ICS update will not work, Must be on LS840ZVD before starting manually installing ICS

Default Re: How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

Done and done...
    Had to use unbrick method to restore some system files I deleted and upgraded using the update.zip file provided here via adb method... worked just fine.

Feels like a new phone again!!!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

We never did a factory reset, just forced GPU render if 2d operations and the viper runs fine. Its what I do on all of the ICS/jb phones in our house.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    OP is updated I just got some information in regards too doing manual install. If your LS840ZVC the ICS update will not work, Must be on LS840ZVD before starting manually installing ICS
    Its cause the updates are incremental, their the same way for the sprint s3.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #172  

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Its cause the updates are incremental, their the same way for the sprint s3.

yeah after going over my e-mail and notes. I seen this about that customers can't go from LS840ZVC too LS840ZVI . there was forum member who posted a pic with a error code when trying too apply the update.zip and thats why I went ahead updated the OP about this information. just trying too help keep the thread updated
    Thanked by:

A big shout out to tommy from me. Thank you so much for your help. I bricked my phone and could not get it back up and running with the unbrick method. He walked me through it through email and I got it up and running the other day.

Now I went ahead and installed this update, well it is installing now.

Thank you tommy for all of your help and everything you are doing for our Viper community. You are the bomb diggidy.

I keep getting the error "E:signature verification failed" I have not removed any bloatware but I was rooted and have now unrooted the phone. Can someone please help I can't seem to get the update to actually install.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #175  

Quote Originally Posted by ugean View Post
    I keep getting the error "E:signature verification failed" I have not removed any bloatware but I was rooted and have now unrooted the phone. Can someone please help I can't seem to get the update to actually install.
    you will have too use unbrick method too correct that matter. I know it says unbrick method but also corrects the phone to flash update.zip
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast