How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Manually install ICS direction

I need some help. I have the update.zip (not "zip.zip")on my sd card and adb on my pc. I can get C drive into adb and can even get it to run. My problem is that my phone only stays in recovery for about 3 seconds and boots up. I've been working on this for quite awhile and not sure what else to do. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Never mind...got it!!!!!

Last edited:

culby

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

After months of lurking, this thread finally pushed me into registering. I downloaded the update.zip, put it on the root of my sdcard, and rebooted into recovery via adb (I have a little prior experience, having rooted both an OG Droid and, hilariously enough, a Nook. I have not rooted the Viper, BTW). After rebooting into recovery and selecting the update, I'm instead getting "E: signature verification failed", and it craps out. I'm redownloading the update.zip now (v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y... c'mon, sendspace!), but are there any ideas as to what could be the problem?

VenumX

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

ok so my issue is that i deleted a lot of the sprint apps and the "checking current system" fails because its looking for sprintid.apk and i removed it >.< does anyone have these sprint apps from gingerbread?

If anyone else is having this issue...i used the unbrick method (may have been extreme) to restore the original system files and them the update.zip went through fine

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

ReachCirrus

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

I need some help. I have the update.zip (not "zip.zip")on my sd card and adb on my pc. I can get C drive into adb and can even get it to run. My problem is that my phone only stays in recovery for about 3 seconds and boots up. I've been working on this for quite awhile and not sure what else to do. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Never mind...got it!!!!!

What did you do? I'm getting the same 3 seconds only in recovery.

Also guys getting errors when typing in C:\, i tried cd\ and that worked.

btux81

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for sharing :) I'm excited about putting this onto my lg viper.

I have a pretty fast web server...Would it be okay to post a mirror of the update.zip file?

btux81

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

What did you do? I'm getting the same 3 seconds only in recovery.

Also guys getting errors when typing in C:\, i tried cd\ and that worked.

Here is a simple method to open a command prompt. From explorer go to "Computer" then locate c:\ open "C" and look for the adb folder. While holding shift right click on the folder and look for the option "Open command window here". I hope this helps you get to the proper directory :)

FYI - You can go up a directory by typing cd..

ReachCirrus

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

Here is a simple method to open a command prompt. From explorer go to "Computer" then locate c:\ open "C" and look for the adb folder. While holding shift right click on the folder and look for the option "Open command window here". I hope this helps you get to the proper directory :)

FYI - You can go up a directory by typing cd..

Thank you. I do appreciate your help, but i can get adb to put my phone in recovery. its just that the recovery lasts only 3 seconds after reboot. then the phone reboots again and comes back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

btux81

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Thank you. I do appreciate your help, but i can get adb to put my phone in recovery. its just that the recovery lasts only 3 seconds after reboot. then the phone reboots again and comes back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

Are you rooted? I just did the process today while rooted using ROM Manager to reboot me into recovery.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Is this safe to flash guys, is anyone running it?

Are there any noticeable bugs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

lone_ozz

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

i got mine updated all you have to do is download the file rename it to update press and hold vol - and power button then press power and power again once you see the ! with the triangle press vol buttons again you should see the recovery menu and install update then you should just wait and done...might wana update profile on update section i would post a pic but i dont really have time...:p

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Is this safe to flash guys, is anyone running it?

Are there any noticeable bugs?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes this is the legit download and yes this the file from google server. all I did is changed the filename too update.zip and wrote the guide how too install it.

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

If anyone else is having this issue...i used the unbrick method (may have been extreme) to restore the original system files and them the update.zip went through fine

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Thanks VenumX...I am having the same problem since I removed all of the Sprint bloatware, including Sprint ID (sprintid.apk), after I rooted my phone, but the only thing holding up the install is the Sprint ID failure message. I was googling to try and see if I can just download and install Sprint ID as a stand-alone install but I haven't found a sure fire way to do that so I will try the unbrick method that you used.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tommyjoesanders!

btux81

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks VenumX...I am having the same problem since I removed all of the Sprint bloatware, including Sprint ID (sprintid.apk), after I rooted my phone, but the only thing holding up the install is the Sprint ID failure message. I was googling to try and see if I can just download and install Sprint ID as a stand-alone install but I haven't found a sure fire way to do that so I will try the unbrick method that you used.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tommyjoesanders!

What method did you use to root in ICS?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tommyjoesanders!
your very welcome. and yes too my knowledge you will have too use unbrick method too fix the issue.

VenumX

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tommyjoesanders!

NP glad someone else had the same issue haha means im not just crazy

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded the update.zip straight to my phone from this thread using the mobile browser on my phone. You have to make sure you change the download path do SD. After it downloads, use a file manager like Astro, & make sure it saved as a zip file to the SD root. Use the ADB reboot recovery method discussed earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34