How To Guide Too Install Android 4.0.4 update.zip
In this guide I am going too help you install the official Android 4.0.4 update.zip that was released on November 1, 2012
Here some things that are required before we can begin the process. I will provide you all the files that will need during this process. also you need too pure stocked and unrooted as well and the phone is plugged into your pc and you need too be on LS840ZVD Firmware as well.If you still on LS840ZVC Firmware please let the phone download LS840ZVD System Update OTA since it is on a 41.5MB file and install the System Update then you can start android 4.0.4 after the upgrade is done and your firmware LS840ZVD.
If your not pure stock and unrooted. Please go too this guide http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...-firmware.html
That guide will unbrick your phone and also put your phone back too factory out of the box as well.
So Now lets get started with the files you will need too download . So please download all three files below.
LG Drivers - Download LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN38AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.8.1.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Official update.zip - update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Tommy Sanders
ADB - Download ADB.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
1) Now that you have downloaded all three files. Install the LG Drivers If you don't have them installed. Please open the zip using windows explorer and install the drivers and make sure your device isn't plugged in while installing drivers. If have the drivers installed go to the next step.
2) locate the update.zip on your PC and lets get it moved too your device. go too home screen and go too your pull down menu and lets change it from charge only too mass storage and s when you have selected that select done and press ok too turn on usb storage. You will get a window too popup on your PC saying Removable disk double click on open folders too view files. when you do that. you will get a list of all kinds of folders your device have created. now you need too move the update.zip too the root of the removable disk.
3) now since that is done lets setup ADB. What is ADB used for it helps us send commands too our devices and we are going too use it too help us apply the update.zip that is now on your sd card.
so with that being said. lets setup the adb.zip you download earlier . use your windows explorer and open the adb.zip once you opened it will see a folder called ADB copy that folder too the C: Drive of your pc and once you do that. ADB is ready and in place.
4) Now we need too setup usb debugging on your device in order too use adb. so on your device goto settings>applications>development>usb debugging and check that box and then confirm it by allowing usb debugging and press ok. and now usb debugging is on.
5) Now it time too get the device into recovery using the ADB so we can flash the update.zip. So let do this . go to windows icon which is start as well on the bottom left side of the pc screen. click on it and you will see a place on there that says search programs and files. in that box type in cmd and press enter and now you should have a new window thats pops up and showing something like this. C:\Users\nameofyourpc> . now at that point we need too get too adb folder and I am going help you get there. So here is the next command too get there.
at this prompt C:\Users\nameofyourpc> type in this command cd\ and press enter
now you should have this command prompt C:\>
in that command prompt type this command cd\adb and press enter.
now you should have command prompt looks like this C:\ADB>
now we are ready too start the ADB program. so here is your command too start adb
type in this command adb reboot recovery and press enter
Now what we just done was tell the phone too reboot in stock recovery and once the phones reboots you get a black screen and some blue text and it should be saying Android System Recovery. If you see that we are ready too use the update.zip. So now your thinking okay we are there but don't know where too start. I am going too make that painless for you. use your volume down button on your device and highlight apply update from sdcard. when you have done that press the home button on your device. when you do that you see everything that is installed on your SD Card. now use your volume down button and highlight the update.zip and press home button and once you have done that the update will begin . usually 10-15 mins too install. and once that is done. you will see reboot system now highlighted already just press home and the phone will reboot too your new Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware. I know this a long process. But this method I got too ensure a clean upgrade
6) Please once you did the upgrade please do a factory reset. I know you will have too re-download your apps and sign in too your google account too get your contacts. But this will help you have a smooth ride using the ICS Firmware. how too factory reset using ics is simple go to system settings and scroll down too backup and reset and select that and then you see factory data reset select that and follow the prompt it takes about 5 mins and when it reboots you have fresh start of ICS now.
- 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM #2
- 11-01-2012, 01:05 PM #4
- 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM #6
Re: PlaceHolder - Official LS840ZVI Flashing Software
nope. will lose root altogether. might be able too regain root using current method. thats why i need the forum help with anyone that get the ics update please pm me. i cant get into software database too pull the file at the moment
- 11-01-2012, 07:42 PM #8
- 11-01-2012, 07:57 PM #10
- 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM #12
- 11-01-2012, 08:06 PM #13
- 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM #15
- 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM #16
Re: Manually install ICS direction
- 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM #17
- 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM #18
Re: Manually install ICS direction
make sure the filename is update.zip and it is on the root of the sd card
when you get ready too change the filename that you downloaded. highlight it and then click rename and just write update all lowercase and then redo adb reboot recovery . I had the same issue
- 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM #20
- 11-01-2012, 08:19 PM #21
- 11-01-2012, 08:23 PM #23
- 11-01-2012, 08:25 PM #24
- 11-01-2012, 08:26 PM #25
- By DrJPS in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2011, 08:26 AM
- By Aixelsyd in forum Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2011, 04:19 PM
- By Bigum1969 in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 78Last Post: 03-20-2011, 11:43 AM
- By youngzayiles in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 08-24-2010, 12:53 PM
- By ResDog in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 10Last Post: 08-05-2010, 08:14 PM