Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!

But... if I were to use the LG home launcher...

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352009579734.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by n0ve View Post
    So, first handset w/ ics myself, whole " new " experience lol....but so far im not super pleased...i had my gb tweaked out well enough, but i do notice perf. increase...going to compare benchmarks after rooting/debloating/scripting...anyway, im suprised, no built in clock/weather widget? and is it just me or is the NFC icon UGLY and ANNOYING! lol...( going to make a theme right away just b/c of that )...@ Tommy def notice vibrate, also, anyone else notice speaker quality/volume = better + louder...much louder actually...Wonder how it will sound once i throw beats audio on...hmmm what else, I no longer need to use task switcher apps, I do like the screen preview via holding down home key, and just figured out a few minutes ago swiping to the side closes the apps lol...memory management is obv very different, more cached, have to see how it holds up under high gpu stress games...also noticed under development options, a force gpu rendering option, i planned on scripting this, anyone have info no the setting itself, ?

edit: also, has anyone else noticed sprint id constantly force close? ( can't wait to remove all that junk, but what's the deal w/ removing bloatware and some lg warning somebody posted about? Also...Launcher vs Home, diff? Home seems to allow more of the settings, and allows for direct long press on screen to add widget/app, while launcher doesnt , otherwise, what are the differences?

Wow do i feel like a n00b all over again, What widgets are people using, and...is it worth it to go w/ 3rd party launchers or just UOT or custom theme it?
    Sprint id quit force closing after a while for me.
    I notice the vibrate and sound bump too. Hopefully this will make it better sounding in the car, i'll have to test that this afternoon.

Home seems to be LG's skin, and the launcher seems to be a more stock ICS experience, sort of like switching to a nexus device. I personally think that the LG skin is very nice.

Have you noticed how much better the stock sms app, music app, gallery, and camera are? The change log says no shutter lag in the update, and they weren't kidding!

I'm also loving the pull down screen with the toggles at the top! I don't know if that is an ICS feature or an LG feature, but it is genius.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by jrsharp70; 11-04-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352053440841.jpg   Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352053450592.jpg  

How to you get rid of the Google search bar at the top of the screen? I can't get it off :/

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

I got something I want too share since the update and I know members going too think i am crazy with what i am going too share. but i got too get it out there. as anyone just turned off there phone and notice that the screen stays black for a min before it shuts down completely. if you will look at the screen carefully it looks like a black jelly bean standing up right. or i am lacking sleep?
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    I got something I want too share since the update and I know members going too think i am crazy with what i am going too share. but i got too get it out there. as anyone just turned off there phone and notice that the screen stays black for a min before it shuts down completely. if you will look at the screen carefully it looks like a black jelly bean standing up right. or i am lacking sleep?
    I haven't seen it yet. But I'll look closer and see if I can see it next time I shut my phone off

Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB

Disable google search app...that should get rid of it...however, you cannot use the space it takes up

Quote Originally Posted by mharrison82 View Post
    Disable google search app...that should get rid of it...however, you cannot use the space it takes up

Ahh that sucks lol

Just use the ics version of Holo

Sent from my Viper 4G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352165379318.jpg  

WTF is with the watermark on quick memo now???

Sent from my Viper 4G

Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    WTF is with the watermark on quick memo now???

Sent from my Viper 4G
    Click menu button while in Quick Memo and "Turn Signature Off". :-)

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

Sprint id quit force closing after a while for me.
    I notice the vibrate and sound bump too. Hopefully this will make it better sounding in the car, i'll have to test that this afternoon.

Home seems to be LG's skin, and the launcher seems to be a more stock ICS experience, sort of like switching to a nexus device. I personally think that the LG skin is very nice.

Have you noticed how much better the stock sms app, music app, gallery, and camera are? The change log says no shutter lag in the update, and they weren't kidding!

I'm also loving the pull down screen with the toggles at the top! I don't know if that is an ICS feature or an LG feature, but it is genius.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums
    Sprint id problem i fixed by rooting and uninstalling ;0....I stuck with Home b/c more options...the MusicFX app is activated once headphones are plugged in, which really allows some nice equalizer type functions...Camera wouldnt start first few times but its real nice now...cant complain really.

Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352221590120.jpg

I haven't had any issues yet. Data connects instantly after wifi. Sd card loads pretty quick. Seems a lot smoother than GB. Going to root it tonight and see how much I can push this.
    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Has anyone noticed the stock recovery layout now if your on ICS. It seems they added apply update.zip from cache and also changed apply update.zip from ext. storage. thats very odd too me. maybe nigel since he has been working on a new recovery does this upgrade too ICS affecting you or helping you making recovery better
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352439979057.jpg  
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Since this thread was made to talk about anything, I just wanted to say that I won't be on AC much this week as I'm going to be out of country.

Also, it was like a bring your kids to work day at work, so they did some experiments in forensics, and we had the older ones look at some unsolved cases.

My son seemed to enjoy learning what I do, so the day was a success.

EDIT: I just realized my job photo is on the site now.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    jrsharp70 likes this.

What are you using to get the battery percentage text to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by LulzSec View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mharrison82 View Post
    What are you using to get the battery percentage text to show up?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352859788042.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    cqpearson and mharrison82 like this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352859985365.jpg  
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What Launcher is this?

Home

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Home

Huh?
    Attachment 46323

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry Nigel... I didn't remember that you use the Samsung.

This is LG's skin... kinda like their touch wiz

"Launcher" is like stock android, but with LG menus. I use the LG skin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!-uploadfromtaptalk1352921181055.jpg  
    Thanked by:

So I was wondering does anyone know or think that android will ever see a feature like siri for the iphone I think we should the phones are perfectly capable of handling it and it's a really sweet feature

Sent from my ice cream flavored viper ls840
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast