Post Your Homescreens, and Talk About Anything!

rigdon420

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Loving the ics, big improvements, phone is fast as hell...

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351937807260.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351937807260.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 146
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351937845218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351937845218.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 147

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My home screen still looks the same since I'm still using Holo...

But LG really put some effort into this. The camera is FAST, the doing is improved, every menu it's better, everything is faster.

Super pleased with this

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
But... if I were to use the LG home launcher...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352009579734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352009579734.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 114

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
So, first handset w/ ics myself, whole " new " experience lol....but so far im not super pleased...i had my gb tweaked out well enough, but i do notice perf. increase...going to compare benchmarks after rooting/debloating/scripting...anyway, im suprised, no built in clock/weather widget? and is it just me or is the NFC icon UGLY and ANNOYING! lol...( going to make a theme right away just b/c of that )...@ Tommy def notice vibrate, also, anyone else notice speaker quality/volume = better + louder...much louder actually...Wonder how it will sound once i throw beats audio on...hmmm what else, I no longer need to use task switcher apps, I do like the screen preview via holding down home key, and just figured out a few minutes ago swiping to the side closes the apps lol...memory management is obv very different, more cached, have to see how it holds up under high gpu stress games...also noticed under development options, a force gpu rendering option, i planned on scripting this, anyone have info no the setting itself, ?

edit: also, has anyone else noticed sprint id constantly force close? ( can't wait to remove all that junk, but what's the deal w/ removing bloatware and some lg warning somebody posted about? Also...Launcher vs Home, diff? Home seems to allow more of the settings, and allows for direct long press on screen to add widget/app, while launcher doesnt , otherwise, what are the differences?

Wow do i feel like a n00b all over again, What widgets are people using, and...is it worth it to go w/ 3rd party launchers or just UOT or custom theme it?

Sprint id quit force closing after a while for me.
I notice the vibrate and sound bump too. Hopefully this will make it better sounding in the car, i'll have to test that this afternoon.

Home seems to be LG's skin, and the launcher seems to be a more stock ICS experience, sort of like switching to a nexus device. I personally think that the LG skin is very nice.

Have you noticed how much better the stock sms app, music app, gallery, and camera are? The change log says no shutter lag in the update, and they weren't kidding!

I'm also loving the pull down screen with the toggles at the top! I don't know if that is an ICS feature or an LG feature, but it is genius.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352053440841.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352053440841.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 105
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352053450592.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352053450592.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 105

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
How to you get rid of the Google search bar at the top of the screen? I can't get it off :/

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I got something I want too share since the update and I know members going too think i am crazy with what i am going too share. but i got too get it out there. as anyone just turned off there phone and notice that the screen stays black for a min before it shuts down completely. if you will look at the screen carefully it looks like a black jelly bean standing up right. or i am lacking sleep?

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I got something I want too share since the update and I know members going too think i am crazy with what i am going too share. but i got too get it out there. as anyone just turned off there phone and notice that the screen stays black for a min before it shuts down completely. if you will look at the screen carefully it looks like a black jelly bean standing up right. or i am lacking sleep?

I haven't seen it yet. But I'll look closer and see if I can see it next time I shut my phone off

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Disable google search app...that should get rid of it...however, you cannot use the space it takes up

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Just use the ics version of Holo

Sent from my Viper 4G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352165379318.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352165379318.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 81

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Sprint id quit force closing after a while for me.
I notice the vibrate and sound bump too. Hopefully this will make it better sounding in the car, i'll have to test that this afternoon.

Home seems to be LG's skin, and the launcher seems to be a more stock ICS experience, sort of like switching to a nexus device. I personally think that the LG skin is very nice.

Have you noticed how much better the stock sms app, music app, gallery, and camera are? The change log says no shutter lag in the update, and they weren't kidding!

I'm also loving the pull down screen with the toggles at the top! I don't know if that is an ICS feature or an LG feature, but it is genius.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

Sprint id problem i fixed by rooting and uninstalling ;0....I stuck with Home b/c more options...the MusicFX app is activated once headphones are plugged in, which really allows some nice equalizer type functions...Camera wouldnt start first few times but its real nice now...cant complain really.

Dcashdollar

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1352221590120.jpg

I haven't had any issues yet. Data connects instantly after wifi. Sd card loads pretty quick. Seems a lot smoother than GB. Going to root it tonight and see how much I can push this.
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the stock recovery layout now if your on ICS. It seems they added apply update.zip from cache and also changed apply update.zip from ext. storage. thats very odd too me. maybe nigel since he has been working on a new recovery does this upgrade too ICS affecting you or helping you making recovery better

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
2012-11-08-15-56-48.jpg

2012-11-08-15-56-37.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz