Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By progranade
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow battery charge

After updating to ics when plugged into my wall charger and my computer my phone says. Battery is charging slowly due to low electric current of TA/USB connection. Anyone know a remedy
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Slow battery charge

Are you using the charger the phone came with?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yep same factory lg block and cable.
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Not sure why it would do that with the wall charger, mine only does it connected to the pc. Do you have a charger from an older phone to try?

Tapatalkin it from my Viper running ICS

Quote Originally Posted by alog122 View Post
    After updating to ics when plugged into my wall charger and my computer my phone says. Battery is charging slowly due to low electric current of TA/USB connection. Anyone know a remedy
    I had that same issue. I don't know for sure if what i did fixed me but i will share what i did. after the I installed the ICS update.zip and seen that. I did a ##786# and enter my msl number and let the phone do it thing and after that I never seen it happen expect when I am plug into my laptop. hope it works for you
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    I had that same issue. I don't know for sure if what i did fixed me but i will share what i did. after the I installed the ICS update.zip and seen that. I did a ##786# and enter my msl number and let the phone do it thing and after that I never seen it happen expect when I am plug into my laptop. hope it works for you

Quote Originally Posted by yourunclealbert View Post
    AND when I plug into my computer it will charge the LG Spectrum LG VS920, BUT the computer does not "See it", so I can not even look at the pictures (and stuff) on my smart Phone. I not that smart about the smartphone, but I would think the plug-in on top might be the problem.. HELP---> yourunclealbert@gmail.com

AND when I plug into my computer it will charge the LG Spectrum LG VS920, BUT the computer does not "See it", so I can not even look at the pictures (and stuff) on my smart Phone. I not that smart about the smartphone, but I would think the plug-in on top might be the problem.. HELP---> yourunclealbert@gmail.com
    In this upgrade the LG Viper got a change on how it charges when plug into your pc device. It does slow charging when plug into usb port of your PC. and normal charging when plugged into wall or car charger. It's a LG Thing they started doing with phones running ICS and JB.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

I have the same problem..tech support at vrizon thinks its my charger..i say its a processor error..no one seems to know how to fix it..i have the lg intuition. It judt started doing this..please help

This is the LG Viper forums. Not the LG Spectrum. Go post about it on your own forum. We can't help you.
    Thanked by:
    sandtiger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by progranade View Post
    This is the LG Viper forums. Not the LG Spectrum. Go post about it on your own forum. We can't help you.
    You really should take a look at the way you come off to others....I'm not bashing you, its constructive criticism, you come off rude and obnoxious.
    Thanked by:

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. Now when I'm looking at it I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean to be a jerk.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

This slow charging issue may just be an lg problem, spread across devices here and there. I never had that problem with my Vipers though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB

I believe it is your charger. Here is what I found with my phone which recently started doing this. If I use a wall plug with a USB cable adapter, it charges slow. If I use a wall plug that doesn't have a USB adapter (cable cannot be used for USB), then it charges fine. I used to be able to use any cable plugged into a wall outlet for normal charging (USB cable with wall adapter), but now it slow charges regardless if it's plugged into a wall or a computer. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by alog122 View Post