ICS Bug Reports

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, just a thread to discuss bugs we may have seen.

Overall I'm extremely happy, however . . .

Anyone else having trouble with music playback? Can't get music to play in music app, Slacker, Rhapsody or Real Player. I did get a podcast to play.

Also, patchy getting data back on automatically when leaving wifi. I've been having to toggle.

And lastly, is anyone else's sdcard scan at boot taking forever?

Any other issues?

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
My first boot the sdcard scan took forever, after rooting it also took a while, the only issue i had was Sprint ID kept F/Cing. But after root, i backed up the system apps again ** important ** if you've done a full backup with titanium prior to updating to ICS, definitely rebackup your system apps...Then I uninstalled nascar, sprint id, and one or two other's, didn't get any LG security errors i've read about. I also do notice the data not coming back on automatically, It does come back on faster if you enable the connection optimizer, but i'd rather toggle myself. Other then that, no real problems so far, just exploring, music plays fine, in fact it sounds excellent...I browsed the build.prop a little bit, and it seems like LG put their own lil Beats mod in there...its tuned much better, max volume = louder, overall great experience.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It also wouldn't play YouTube videos. They tried, but just stuttered very slowly. I'm just redoing it, re-TiBU restoring now. I think I must have accidentally restored some non compatible system app that was causing trouble. Being a little more careful this time.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
It also wouldn't play YouTube videos. They tried, but just stuttered very slowly. I'm just redoing it, re-TiBU restoring now. I think I must have accidentally restored some non compatible system app that was causing trouble. Being a little more careful this time.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2
It is trial and error man about removing things. until we all learn what control what in ICS ROM . I am sure we will keep making mistakes.

mharrison82

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset right after the update installed and so far the only problem I've had was user ignorance as I don't know enough about ICS so I had to ask for help disabling the connections optimizer. So far I'm loving the update.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
So just to confirm my root method still works? Really!!?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure since I didn't try it this time, but I did see someone mention it. Maybe they rooted gb and then used the ota root keeper ir something? Not sure.

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an interesting bug. I did the manual update, and ever since I have not been able to complete a speed test while on eHRPD. In order to complete one, i have to go to CDMA only. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE LS840 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My media player problem was caused by an app I use to listen to music through my bt headset, called BTmono. It changes something that I can't recover from. Waiting to hear from dev to see if he has any idea what it's doing. I really don't want to have to re setup AGAIN!

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem that I haven't seen anyone post about. Since my update (I did manual update), my calls are not coming through. I get texts and emails just fine. I updated PRL as well as Profile and I'm still getting the same problem. Anyone else having the same issue, or does anyone know how to correct this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a problem that I haven't seen anyone post about. Since my update (I did manual update), my calls are not coming through. I get texts and emails just fine. I updated PRL as well as Profile and I'm still getting the same problem. Anyone else having the same issue, or does anyone know how to correct this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I should mention I can make calls just fine. It's when someone is trying to call me.

yoshimail

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did the update via adb. Lol I tried the facto ry rest and now my phone hanged on a blue screen that says: "Enter fast boot" twice and "long time no see". I am afraid I soft bricked the phone XD. I guess factorytresets are not supported with the manual adb update?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I did the update via adb. Lol I tried the facto ry rest and now my phone hanged on a blue screen that says: "Enter fast boot" twice and "long time no see". I am afraid I soft bricked the phone XD. I guess factorytresets are not supported with the manual adb update?

remove the battery and reboot the phone and see what happens also make sure the update.zip is still on sd card

yoshimail

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Still the same :( so I just flashed it back to GB and start fresh again, hopefully everything will be working fine this time around. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois