ICS Bug Reports

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset is a must if going from 2.x ==> 4.x.x. It's a big change, and leftover data from 2.x can cause FCs, and battery problems in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

STOP DUPLICATING MY POSTS ANDROIDCENTRAL! NOT COOL. >_<

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree when I finally got around installed the update. I noticed alot of things that would FC and performance of the phone had a lag too it. So I did a ##786# since I knew my service code (MSL) and my devices has been flawless since then. Sprint should had put a note on the release too at least do a factory reset since like nigel was saying its a big jump going from 2.3.7 to 4.0.4 . So I have too agree with Nigel on that matter.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I agree when I finally got around installed the update. I noticed alot of things that would FC and performance of the phone had a lag too it. So I did a ##786# since I knew my service code (MSL) and my devices has been flawless since then. Sprint should had put a note on the release too at least do a factory reset since like nigel was saying its a big jump going from 2.3.7 to 4.0.4 . So I have too agree with Nigel on that matter.

Any idea how to get the msl after the update?

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

isfacat

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset is a must if going from 2.x ==> 4.x.x. It's a big change, and leftover data from 2.x can cause FCs, and battery problems in the near future.

Can this be really verified? I have done the manual update on my GF's phone as well. What comes up is "Launcher has FCed" and then re-starts the Launcher (instead of Home... Home does this as well).

So the only answer is downgrade to ZVD, do a Factory Reset, then upgrade back to ZVI?

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Can this be really verified? I have done the manual update on my GF's phone as well. What comes up is "Launcher has FCed" and then re-starts the Launcher (instead of Home... Home does this as well).

So the only answer is downgrade to ZVD, do a Factory Reset, then upgrade back to ZVI?

You can do the reset from with in ics. Go to settings then backup and reset. There is a factory reset in there. That's what i did

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Yes , that is confirmed you have too do just a factory reset from your device. you don't have too downgrade.

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Called Sprint for my MSL and factory reset complete. Now restoring from Titanium. Hopefully that'll fix the few issues I've had.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Called Sprint for my MSL and factory reset complete. Now restoring from Titanium. Hopefully that'll fix the few issues I've had.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2
thats good too hear . that will really help you and you can tell the way the phone handles afterwards doing this method

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm being punished by the mobile goods for messing with my phone when it was working fine.

Did a factory reset, now I have no wireless data.

I'll turn it off and on, then restart the phone. Damn

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
thats good too hear . that will really help you and you can tell the way the phone handles afterwards doing this method

Definite improvement so far. Random reboots I had seems to be gone for the moat part. Only issue is that my already crappy 3G is horribly slow since the reset, but my guess is that that would be a Spront problem since I can't see how a data wipe would cause slow data.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Definite improvement so far. Random reboots I had seems to be gone for the moat part. Only issue is that my already crappy 3G is horribly slow since the reset, but my guess is that that would be a Spront problem since I can't see how a data wipe would cause slow data.

Thats a sprint network issue as usual. check your mobile network and make sure your on cdma if your area doesn't have 4g lte yet.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Thats a sprint network issue as usual. check your mobile network and make sure your on cdma if your area doesn't have 4g lte yet.

For Sprint in my area, 4g = great, 3g = barely stream tune-in radio at 56k.

I'll probably have to go to Verizon next year when I have to travel more for work :(

EDIT: please don't turn this into a "Sprint 3g sucks" thread, there are already plenty of those.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting a notification blink from my led, I'm rooted on ics. Obviously. Lol can I just do a factory reset n hope for the best? I did the manual install.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
For Sprint in my area, 4g = great, 3g = barely stream tune-in radio at 56k.

I'll probably have to go to Verizon next year when I have to travel more for work :(

EDIT: please don't turn this into a "Sprint 3g sucks" thread, there are already plenty of those.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

LMAO , I agree no more thread about sprint coverage

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I use my phone almost all day I don't have any problems. I notice that with ics it uses more ram.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca