Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • LGE

8 57.14%
  • MotoBlur

0 0%
  • TouchWiz

1 7.14%
  • HTC Sense

2 14.29%
  • Vanilla Android

6 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By n0ve
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default New LG launcher better then competition?

Lets have a discussion on what we think is the better stock android experience is.

Personally I like this new LGE skin a lot more then the other people. I like how simple yet smooth it is. I haven't lagged yet (with GPU rendering enabled) its faster then any other android skin I have used.
    Only thing is I HATE black text on white background.... CANT STAND IT. But its the only thing I dont like so you tell me what you like.

New LG launcher better then competition?-screenshot-4-.jpg

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Default Re: New LG launcher better then competition?

All things considered I really should have waited for the g, its the exact same skin as what's on the viper. After updating ours, I agree its so much better prior to ICS LGS skins were so bland. If I knew anything about porting I'd port the launcher over to the s3 so I could use it, its so versatile.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

I tried to like one of the stock launchers as for some reason, I can't seem to see or use the Calendar widget when I'm using ADWlauncherEX. I couldn't take the lack of customization, and the lack of a alphabetize option in the app drawer on one.

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

Apex Pro > all, + still allows for LGE widgets...less ram consuming...ability to gesture hide statusbar and dock, old gb style add to screen / ics, overall better
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by n0ve View Post
    Apex Pro > all, + still allows for LGE widgets...less ram consuming...ability to gesture hide statusbar and dock, old gb style add to screen / ics, overall better
    Again, not pertaining to the OP. I said a stock launcher for the company. Not third-party

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hezx View Post
    Again, not pertaining to the OP. I said a stock launcher for the company. Not third-party

I have never used the competition, but it's better than the more stock home launcher that's included. I think it is awesome, and not to deviate, but better than the 3rd party apps, though the persistent search and header do get old.

They did a great job, and I think they will increase their market share with the new software and hardware implementation that they are keeping standard across their brand. (It would be cool if the viper had the power to use the advanced features of the optimus G though!)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

I still prefer LauncherPro just like its backup features saves a lot of time

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyslots View Post
    I still prefer LauncherPro just like its backup features saves a lot of time

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    LG launcher has backup.

But I can see how the extra features are nice. I always have a paranoia with android, where I figure the more modifications I do from stock, the more likely it is to get all screwy.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

Quote Originally Posted by hezx View Post

Again, your expressing your attitude/own issues onto a forum. Chill man, who cares, it was about launchers, thats what i said, deal with it. I'm sick of reading your posts you even negatively spoke to nigel whom has been a godsent for us, I know sometimes its hard if you're like me and you want to correct people, but just let it roll, eat a xanax, idk, chill.
    pilot03 likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

i think LG UI 3.0 is one of the best launcher both in performance and visual terms

Im gonna go against the poll rules again lol, but i change my vote this time, Nova Prime....awesome....love it, it even integrates the stock widgets which you lose acces to in alot of launchers....Plus has so many gestures, every launcher i have swipe up hide status bar swipe down hide dock. Very useful.

I still miss my evo, damn it was a champ. HTC sense and . Huge device for it's time.

Sent from my LG Viper using "the force"

ROM
    Cold As Ice

I like the launcher, seems to be able to customize it too.

Quote Originally Posted by rigdon420 View Post
    I still miss my evo, damn it was a champ. HTC sense and . Huge device for it's time.

Sent from my LG Viper using "the force"
    htc's have pros and cons' , my girl had the evo shift 4g...wow was that bloatwared up like crazy...and memory management was messed up real bad, but sense was nice at the time w/ only gingerbread, and their bult in widgets were very nice...when it comes to rooting/romming you have more detailed things to do w/ htc....idk'

I Just reflashed ics for probably the 10th time, to get some 4.2 apps...and i left Home this time , usually i uninstall Home, Home selector, and Launcher....but Home i didn't realize allows you to turn any app icon into a widget like a window?...pretty cool.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0ve View Post
    htc's have pros and cons' , my girl had the evo shift 4g...wow was that bloatwared up like crazy...and memory management was messed up real bad, but sense was nice at the time w/ only gingerbread, and their bult in widgets were very nice...when it comes to rooting/romming you have more detailed things to do w/ htc....idk'

I Just reflashed ics for probably the 10th time, to get some 4.2 apps...and i left Home this time , usually i uninstall Home, Home selector, and Launcher....but Home i didn't realize allows you to turn any app icon into a widget like a window?...pretty cool.
    I have an EVO Shift. It was a great phone for development. The best 2 Sense ROMs were Supreme Sense & MikShifted G.
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB