Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wolfygang
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Awesome we have ICS, but...

IT IS SO UGLY! Compared to CM9/10 and AOKP the icons suck and the status bar icons are blocky.
    We need a custom rom! lol
    d_mcknight likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Awesome we have ICS, but...

I personally like the differences, sets it apart from others
    Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Its not sleek looking, it looks like the OS a phone would have trying to copy touchwiz.

ROM
    Stock

I see where you are coming from. But I think its just because your not used to it

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I agree with wolfe it looks to much like touchwiz

Tapatalkin it from my Viper running ICS

I have a couple questions for anyone that wants too chime in on them. the only reason why I am asking I haven't had much time too do anything with the viper. So here is the questions. 1) has anyone done a system pull? 2) what custom recovery version is stable? 3) Re-Root after update works correct? The reason why I am asking. I want too start on some custom themes and work on a kernel with battery saver and performance tweak. any feedback would be great and thank you as always
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    I have a couple questions for anyone that wants too chime in on them. the only reason why I am asking I haven't had much time too do anything with the viper. So here is the questions. 1) has anyone done a system pull? 2) what custom recovery version is stable? 3) Re-Root after update works correct? The reason why I am asking. I want too start on some custom themes and work on a kernel with battery saver and performance tweak. any feedback would be great and thank you as always
    1) Nope not on ICS
    2) ICS changed the boot.img so neither mine nor PP recovery works on ICS,
    3) Yes I used this ICS Universal Root -XDA

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Really I like it, personally touchwiz is hideous compared to LGS new skin.

Try living with green and orange laziness for three weeks on ICS while waiting for a root method. At least the update is sort of pure ICS.

But to me it looks like they combined features from touchwiz/miui/aosp and made an ultra-skin.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

I have to disagree with the OP. I think the LG skin is so smooth, and they even give you a choice for a more stock home launcher that looks a lot like pure Google.

I wish I could hide the drawer and status bar, because I think everything else they did is awesome, and I don't feel like using Holo and losing some of the cool new interface designs.

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network
    Last edited by jrsharp70; 11-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    full v6 supercharge + kak so far....working on a theme..