[MOD]UNLIMITED?tweaks[14.10.2012] [Tested and working on viper]

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Only use this tweak if you plan stayin in home all day (wit. charger)...other than that....use at your own risk.........build.prop is meant for sony xperia....in which i know.....but tweaks def. work for viper.....

[MOD]UNLIMITED?tweaks[14.10.2012] - xda-developers

all credits too mv_style for the awesome post

here is a link to edit your build.prop to basically tweak it out for better performance for those who are waiting for a rom to come out and simply dont wanna wait..but these are most of the tweaks and features you will see in a custom rom made by most people...so give it a go
i edited mine earlier today and so far so good...i noticed improvements immediatley right from how much faster the phone booted up...i put all the tweaks that he posted into my build.prop..
all the features and tweaks seem to be working and all that...the directions are simple and to the point..but one thing they didnt mention was to make sure you set the permissions of 'build.prop' to 'rw-r-r'...i used solid explorer for getting and editing the file which is in my opinion, the easiest one to use. let me know if you guys try this out..tell me what you think..its def. worth it..like i said...you will notice the improvements as soon as you reboot your phone

all credits too mv_style for the awesome post

MODIFIED 'BUILD.PROP' (JUST OVERWRITE EXISTING) FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO EDIT THEM THEMESELVES: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4onTeawHnQJcV9vQ3ZJeWtWVU0

Last edited:

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
EDIT (11/3/12): I HAVE REVERTED BACK TO ORIGINAL "BUILD.PROP" DUE TOO BATTERY LIFE...IT DRAINS IT LIKE CRAZY....BUT HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I NOTICED:

-Faster boot time
-SDcard reads almost instantly (I been noticing the slow media scanner rate)
-Scrolling is more responsive and faster as well as smoother
-keypad passcode lock (if you use one...i do) is alot better and more responsive with no lag (there has been some lag which in turn, makes me always put the wrong passcode)
-apps open up much faster
-the clearing notification button (in the drop-down menu) no longer lags when you press it
-videos buffer quicklier
-switching from wifi to 3g happens instantly (ive noticed when i leave my house 3g takes a while to kick in...to the point where i reboot it to get 3g back

Last edited:

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Things that i have noticed:

-Faster boot time
-SDcard reads almost instantly (I been noticing the slow media scanner rate)
-Scrolling is more responsive and faster as well as smoother
-keypad passcode lock (if you use one...i do) is alot better and more responsive with no lag (there has been some lag which in turn, makes me always put the wrong passcode)
-apps open up much faster
-the clearing notification button (in the drop-down menu) no longer lags when you press it
-videos buffer quicklier
-switching from wifi to 3g happens instantly (ive noticed when i leave my house 3g takes a while to kick in...to the point where i reboot it to get 3g back<annoying)

ill add more as i think of them or come across one

Can you upload your modded build.prop?

I cant seem to get mine to take the tweaks

joearaujo5488

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
i no longer recommend this 'build.prop'....due too battery life...only use this mod if you plan on stayin in your house alll day.....if you stay home all day....this is def. a mod for you

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really noticed huge battery drain, apart from me having my display on more than normal because of the update. Any idea what related to the tweaks is causing trouble?

Sent from my ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2