Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to boot into recovery

The button sequence to boot into recovery is to hold both volume buttons and power until the lg screen shows up, release the power button but continue holding the volume buttons until recovery is on screen.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: How to boot into recovery

Quote Originally Posted by lmoore55 View Post
    The button sequence to boot into recovery is to hold both volume buttons and power until the lg screen shows up, release the power button but continue holding the volume buttons until recovery is on screen.
    I believe you have too have the device off too start that process correct me if i am wrong
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    I believe you have too have the device off too start that process correct me if i am wrong
    Absolutely correct, i forgot to mention that.

Good looks. I was looking everywhere for this since i forgot it. I eventually found out how, but didnt kno it can just be done from when the phone is off..thanks a lot man

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

This only works if theres only an update.zip on the root of sd, right?

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Correct

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Although in the future all you need to access it is a blank file called update.zip on your sdcard, since that is all the recovery checks for.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net
    tommyjoesanders likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Correct

Incorrect, i do not have an update.zip on the root of my sd card.

should we sticky this for the new unbricking to ICS method

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Hmm maybe all of the vipers behave differently then cause ours would boot past recovery unless there was an update.zip present because the stock recovery checks for its presence, if its not there it will boot past it. Your phone must be an anomaly.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Hmm im not sure why mine would be the only one.

To boot into recovery can we use a rebooted app to reboot into recovery?

Reason I ask is because I had cwm on my phone and used the delooper zip and got cwm off my phone but I don't think it but the stock recovery on my phone.When I
    Reboot into recovery using an app all I get is Droid and a box with an arrow coming out of it and what appears to be
    Status bar but it does not move. Does that mean its loading the update by itself? Am I in recovery or did the delooper zip not
    Install the stock recovery for me?

You are in stock recovery :|

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

Make sure the update.zip is on the sd card.

If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

I got the update on the sd card but it just hangs on the screed with droid and the box with the arrow and the status bar is not moving and it hangs on this screen. I did not nor did I have to select and files to upload, it just went to this screen its self and nothing.

Basically it is hanging on this screen, what did I do wrong? Does it search for the file itself and automatically download the update?

I am not new to rooting and flashing, just not this way. So used to cwm to do all the work for me.

When my phone shows this and I hit the power buton it says rebooting. I did not have a menu show up to select the update file. Do I need to put a recovery on my phone? Did the delooper remove cwm but not put the stock recovery file on my phone? I am at a loss because it just hangs on the screen with droid and the box with the arrow for over 20 minutes.

Basically I dont get a menu to select anything, just droid and the box with the arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by catchjeff View Post
    When my phone shows this and I hit the power buton it says rebooting. I did not have a menu show up to select the update file. Do I need to put a recovery on my phone? Did the delooper remove cwm but not put the stock recovery file on my phone? I am at a loss because it just hangs on the screen with droid and the box with the arrow for over 20 minutes.

Basically I dont get a menu to select anything, just droid and the box with the arrows.
    sounds like you may want too use unbrick method too repair the partitions and then use the manual install ics. thats the best advice i can offer u

Now trying the unbrick method but getting an error when I go that route and run the flash tool as admin. I am getting a side by side configuration incorrect error when I use the unbrick method. Ugh

Ok so got access to computer today tried the cd\adb command and kept saying cannot find specified path ahhh what am I doing wrong I want ics already ahhh

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Ok so got access to computer today tried the cd\adb command and kept saying cannot find specified path ahhh what am I doing wrong I want ics already ahhh

did you download the adb zip and open the zip using windows explorer and copy whats inside the zip too C: Drive

No where do I get the adb. Zip at

here are the short directions too this

1- go to windows icon on bottom left side of your pc display
    2- click on windows icon and look for search files and folders in that place type cmd and press enter
    3-you will get a prompt that says C:\Users\whateverhere>
    4-type in cd\ in that prompt and now it will show C:\>
    5-type in cd\adb and press enter and now will show C:\ADB>
    6-type in adb devices and press enter
    7-now it will show what device you have just make sure your USB Debug is on
    8-now type in adb reboot recovery and press enter the phone will restart in recovery

notes- make sure your update.zip is on the sd card.

I did that it tells me cannot find the specified path where do I get the adb zip at

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    I did that it tells me cannot find the specified path where do I get the adb zip at

Download ADB.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Thx I'm going to try here in a few ill let u guys know if I have more troubles thks to all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast