1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wi-Fi direct

So I know we had this feature already before the upgrade, but I never used it.

Now I am curious.. I wanted to transfer files from my computer to my phone. I know I can use some of the file transfer apps, but I wanted to know if Wi-Fi direct could do it.

I turned it on, bit my computer didn't recognize it. Anyone used it yet and want to give me a heads up? I googled it, but it seems to be like NEC, in that it is cool, bit hasn't really taken off yet.

If nothing else,I could just use Bluetooth, or a cable, but I like messing with new stuff.

**edit
    It seems that there are only a handful of devices that actually support the feature. I have a Wi-Fi file transfer app that I use, so it's no big deal,I was just interested in seeing if there was a native option that was better.

I've got a friend with a galaxy III, maybe I'll try it tomorrow just for kicks. I guess if you were near rather, but not in NYC range (like in a meeting) out would be a useful tool.

Sent from my Viper 4G
    Last edited by jrsharp70; 11-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Default Re: Wi-Fi direct

Yea the s3 should do it, Sammy has proprietary nfc software that's leaps and bounds ahead of googles.

Too bad they won't share it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net