So I know we had this feature already before the upgrade, but I never used it.
Now I am curious.. I wanted to transfer files from my computer to my phone. I know I can use some of the file transfer apps, but I wanted to know if Wi-Fi direct could do it.
I turned it on, bit my computer didn't recognize it. Anyone used it yet and want to give me a heads up? I googled it, but it seems to be like NEC, in that it is cool, bit hasn't really taken off yet.
If nothing else,I could just use Bluetooth, or a cable, but I like messing with new stuff.
It seems that there are only a handful of devices that actually support the feature. I have a Wi-Fi file transfer app that I use, so it's no big deal,I was just interested in seeing if there was a native option that was better.
I've got a friend with a galaxy III, maybe I'll try it tomorrow just for kicks. I guess if you were near rather, but not in NYC range (like in a meeting) out would be a useful tool.
Sent from my Viper 4G
Last edited by jrsharp70; 11-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.
- 11-05-2012, 08:14 PM #2
Re: Wi-Fi direct
Yea the s3 should do it, Sammy has proprietary nfc software that's leaps and bounds ahead of googles.
Too bad they won't share it.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2CURRENT RIG || MSI Neo v-2 MB || Pentium 4 Prescott 3.5Ghz || 2GB Dual Channel DDR1 Ram || Dell 80GB 7200 rpm HDD || BFG Nvidia 6200 256MB || Creative SBLive! Sound Card || Crappy Dell CRT Monitor
Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.
Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18
- By JoeUserTX in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 22Last Post: 09-18-2013, 04:28 PM
- By miamiboy305 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 8Last Post: 03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
- By Vito2000 in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2012, 09:59 PM
- By sisblub in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 7Last Post: 05-07-2012, 06:34 AM
- By montelli in forum HTC HeroReplies: 0Last Post: 10-21-2009, 08:48 PM