ICS won't update.

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ICS won't update after booting into recovery. Starts to load then errors out about a 1/4 of the way through.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried putting the phone back to factory setting, used the LG Upgrade Software to put everything back as if it were brand knew but the update still won't load. My software version is LS480VZD.
As for the CWM never had one installed just the standard recovery that was with the phone.
Kind of at loss.
Phone is also unrooted as of now.
What is more strange is our second phone which my wife uses did get the OTA, yet it won't install either. Guess there must be some bugs with the Version Sprint sent down to here phone.

here is some pictures to explain it better.

CAM00061.jpgCAM00053.jpgCAM00058.jpgCAM00059.jpg

Last edited:

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Looks like GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk isn't stock, or is deleted, but that doesn't make any sense, considering that you reverted to stock...

Try reverting to ZVC, instead of ZVD

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

sparkyslots

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well we can now say we have ICS --- "Wow" what a pain that was. but know it's over.
We have to say thanks to all and a Special Thanks for the LG Unbrick method in the Stickies.

For some reason we had to go over and over to find the issue turns out the copy of firmware I was using for my usb driver was the issue. Once updated all was ok!

Must say it's been running ok for now!
I do have a question for the forum though, we used Voodoo OTA before redoing the phones but can't get it to take with the ICS update is there a mismatch between the SU from GB to ICS?

Or did I miss something when we updated?

One more thing when GB was installed we had a setting for " Allow installation of non-market application". However I don't see that setting in the new software ( ICS )

Thanks Again All!

LulzSec

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Well we can now say we have ICS --- "Wow" what a pain that was. but know it's over.
We have to say thanks to all and a Special Thanks for the LG Unbrick method in the Stickies.

For some reason we had to go over and over to find the issue turns out the copy of firmware I was using for my usb driver was the issue. Once updated all was ok!

Must say it's been running ok for now!
I do have a question for the forum though, we used Voodoo OTA before redoing the phones but can't get it to take with the ICS update is there a mismatch between the SU from GB to ICS?

Or did I miss something when we updated?

One more thing when GB was installed we had a setting for " Allow installation of non-market application". However I don't see that setting in the new software ( ICS )

Thanks Again All!

uploadfromtaptalk1352673261514.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish