[TWRP][RECOVERY][TOUCH] TeamWin Recovery Project 2.3.3.0 Updated!

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

teamwin-logo.png

TeamWin Recovery Project
v2.3.3.0

Description:
[SUB]As stated on the team win site[/SUB]
Team Win Recovery Project 2.3, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It?s a fully touch driven user interface ? no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:
  • Graphical touchscreen interface with buttons and drag-to-scroll!
  • Ability to choose to compress backups ? now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
  • Compressed backups that can save you up to 50% disk space
  • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
  • Custom names for backups, rename and delete backups inside recovery
  • Integrated Terminal Emulator
  • Install queues allow you to install multiple zips in one go (e.g. CM9 zip together with gapps zip)
  • Easy one-button cache & dalvik cache clearing after an installation
  • Recovery settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
  • File Manager that allows you to move, copy, delete and rename files and change their permissions
  • Battery percentage indicator, charging indicator and clock (set your timezone in settings!)
  • Reboot into download mode (bootloader)
  • Decryption of /data
  • Easy selection of internal/external storage
  • ADB support
  • Sideloading for automated ROM install: ADB Sideload | TeamWin
  • Detailed logfile
  • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout ? true theming!

See changelog below for 2.3 features

What's new in 2.3.3.0:
  • Fix renaming backups with a space in the name
  • Add decrypt button to mount page if you cancel decryption during startup
  • Added ignore blkid flag
  • Fixed handling of MTD partitions during mount
  • Fixed some keyboard mapping issues on 800x1280 layout

What's new in 2.3:
  • -Rebased onto AOSP Jelly Bean source code
  • -Rewrote backup, restore, wipe, and mount code in C++ classes for easier maintenance going forward
  • NOTE: backups from prior versions of TWRP are still compatible with 2.3
  • -ADB sideload functionality from AOSP is included in 2.3, see this link for more info
  • -Re-wrote fix permissions entirely in C++ and runs in a few seconds instead of a few minutes (thanks to bigbiff)
  • -Improvements to zip finding in OpenRecoveryScript (should be a lot fewer GooManager automation issues)
  • -Faster boot times
  • -Added charging indicator while in recovery (only updates once every 60 seconds)

What works:
  • Backup & restore
  • Mount & Unmount partitions
  • Mount USM

What does not work:
  • Any sort of power functionality(reboot recovery, reboot system..)

Install:
Windows automatic installer now included!
[SUB]Automatic[/SUB]
  1. Download twrp-lge-ls840.zip - 6.17 MB
  2. Extract and run install-linux.sh | install-windows.bat
  3. Reboot into recovery by either using
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    Or pressing the vol- and power keys simultaneously then letting go when you see an instructions screen then pressing power twice
[SUB]Manual[/SUB]
from console(linux/windows)
Code:
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13'"
adb reboot recovery

Note: By downloading and installing the recovery package you take sole responsibility for any damages caused to your device.
Addendum: ICS compatibility is yet to have been worked out so as of now this is GB only.

Download: twrp-lge-ls840.zip - 6.17 MB
Decided to release public build as it seems backup & restore work well enough. Have fun with it and tell me what you think.
Source:
Here's the github for anyone interested or wanting to help out :)
https://github.com/L0rdWaffles/android_device_lge_ls840

Edit:
Screenshots! Click the image for a link to the theme used.
fhy1E.png

Last edited:

japin

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: [TWRP][RECOVERY][TOUCH] TeamWin Recovery Project 2.3.2.3

Will this support the ics build with the new boot loader lock?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Hey Josh heads up if you're planning on updating twrp, Dees has just released 2.3.3.0

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

TWRP on the Viper? I'm impressed. Congrats. Development on this device is finally starting to take off in the right direction. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site

hmm....no install-windows.bat? just a install-linux.sh file....

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to everyone in this community for not being very active I get really tired during the school days. But Christmas break is here and I'll see if there is anything useful I can do with my time off. I'll try and update to 2.3.3.0 tomorrow, thanks gollum!

@nigel, if you see this, if there is anything you need a second hand on, I'm free please feel free to contact me I'm eager to see what I can do

@troark I was not on windows while making this and I do not not batch by heart. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to everyone in this community for not being very active I get really tired during the school days. But Christmas break is here and I'll see if there is anything useful I can do with my time off. I'll try and update to 2.3.3.0 tomorrow, thanks gollum!

@nigel, if you see this, if there is anything you need a second hand on, I'm free please feel free to contact me I'm eager to see what I can do

@troark I was not on windows while making this and I do not not batch by heart. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I can do the batch file if you need, also I'm having a problem with the cm.mk for the Viper. I'm going to try building a generic build and adding some Viper crap.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

@nigel I'll see about the cm.mk soon.

Also bump for update to 2.3.3.0 and windows auto installer inclusion!

allen369

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I have tried to Flash the Teamwin using adb and it wont flash. I have 4.0.4 update on my LG Viper. Is the Teamwin not done yet??? And is there going to be a windows-installer.bat added??? I look forword to getting a cusom recovery and ROM. Thank You!!!

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I have tried to Flash the Teamwin using adb and it wont flash. I have 4.0.4 update on my LG Viper. Is the Teamwin not done yet??? And is there going to be a windows-installer.bat added??? I look forword to getting a cusom recovery and ROM. Thank You!!!

Ice Cream Sandwich isn't supported by any recovery on this phone because of some LGE madness.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
OK I have 2 things.
1) Yes there will be a batch file added I'm going to make it and send it to him :)
2) Hey Nigel!!!! I got a Raspberry Pi now and I installed Android SDK on it. Can I have some help with getting it all set up? Or anyone?

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
There already is an install-windows.bat included in the archive. I added this in the update to 2.3.3.0. Re-download from the links in the main post.

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry about that nigel, I normally use skype and steam to keep up with friends and family. I can barely keep up with that as it is. Any services you use other than irc? PM me if so. I'd love to really start collaborating on some stuff!

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry about that nigel, I normally use skype and steam to keep up with friends and family. I can barely keep up with that as it is. Any services you use other than irc? PM me if so.

I turned off my pm box because it's full (200+) so I use Google Chat. Just roll your mouse over my avatar, and the MobileNations passport should show you my Google+ link.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692