Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: [COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

Same issue, can't select anything...

lol hold down power button, got it nice job man nice, im not sure if i should try your kernel and go ahead w/ panda...or if we have any other flashable stock ics?

edit: attempting to flash your aosp panda rom, when i go to storage options and attempt to click format /cache and format /data (by holding down power)....it goes back to main screen doesn't say anything / doesn't appear to be formatting, but the option for pre flash whipe is available i will try that

( hope i wasn't supposed to install your boot.img first, wasn't clear in other thread)
    Last edited by n0ve; 01-08-2013 at 12:54 AM.

I have to agree here, same results. I can't even manage to get it to do anything under any of the menus, it seems to flip back to the main menu almost instantaneously even under zip flashing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug somewhere here. Let me know what you need from me and I'll get it to you.

recovery.log attached, looks like some mapping aren't right but I don't know that far into how it all works :-).

And one last update. I've tried using this with a clean rooted ZVD, that's where I got it to boot into the recovery and get me a log. Flashing this with 4.0.4 ICS rooted results in a blue screen stating something about fastboot twice and being here again (I'm getting tired and can't remember, I can redo this and let you know for sure, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

I've unbrick recovered and flashed back up to 4.0.4 upgrade with root, let me know if I can be of any help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nitemarenet; 01-08-2013 at 05:05 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by progranade View Post
    I have no select button. I hold power and it does that but it also goes back a the same time.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    You have to hold power until it clicks then let go fast. I'm trying to fix the touchpart of the recovery though. Can you go on your sd, go to the folder cotrecovery and upload the settings.ini so I can fix your touchscreen?

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Do you still need this? I can grab it if so.

Sorry I didn't reply I can't upload anything because I can't get o. A computer. Sorry.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

recovery-2.txt -> latest recovery.log from a fresh boot from ZVD + root + dd'd of cot-rc1.img and toying around in the interface with trying to get anything to work
    settings.txt -> fresh /mnt/sdcard/cotrecovery/settings.ini

Had to rename due to the forum not permitting log/ini, let me know if you'd like me to try anything as I'll leave it in this state for a little while.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nitemarenet View Post
    recovery-2.txt -> latest recovery.log from a fresh boot from ZVD + root + dd'd of cot-rc1.img and toying around in the interface with trying to get anything to work
    settings.txt -> fresh /mnt/sdcard/cotrecovery/settings.ini

Had to rename due to the forum not permitting log/ini, let me know if you'd like me to try anything as I'll leave it in this state for a little while.

Put this in there. Touchscreen will work now.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by n0ve View Post
    lol hold down power button, got it nice job man nice, im not sure if i should try your kernel and go ahead w/ panda...or if we have any other flashable stock ics?

edit: attempting to flash your aosp panda rom, when i go to storage options and attempt to click format /cache and format /data (by holding down power)....it goes back to main screen doesn't say anything / doesn't appear to be formatting, but the option for pre flash whipe is available i will try that

( hope i wasn't supposed to install your boot.img first, wasn't clear in other thread)
    Maybe the stock kernel will work. No idea.

EDIT: Instead of using a prebuilt recovery_kernel, I'll build the recovery kernel from source, so that'll fix the initial touch problems.

Put what in there?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Put what in there?
    I forgot the link again. I need some sleep, been working to crack the bootloader.

Here it is:

Ah, sounding like me. I'll give it a whirl right now, thanks!

That doesn't appear to have changed anything. I do get the recovery screen, the problem is nothing works. I know you've stated that you need to release the power button fast after it "clicks", I've tried for about 20min give or take. I'm no novince to the android realm, so I know I've definitely tried as "quick" as I can, but it just dumps straight back to the main menu with "boot android/etc" on it. I'm assuming you're already aware of that though?

I get no difference.

Sent from my TD-1010 using Android Central Forums
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That doesn't appear to have changed anything. I do get the recovery screen, the problem is nothing works. I know you've stated that you need to release the power button fast after it "clicks", I've tried for about 20min give or take. I'm no novince to the android realm, so I know I've definitely tried as "quick" as I can, but it just dumps straight back to the main menu with "boot android/etc" on it. I'm assuming you're already aware of that though?
    That is for touch, the recovery is touchscreen.

There's no touch ability on the image i flashed, its all text driven.. wrong image?

I should correct myself, home/menu are Down/Up respectively, and back/search both do "back" function.

Alright, so I went to install the COT recovery. I have made flash_image executable and followed the instructions to install the COT Recovery 2.1. It seems to work fine, via the adb shell, but when I adb reboot recovery, all I get is a light blue screen that says Enter the fastboot... Enter the fastboot.... Long time no see! I don't remember having ever installed or used fastboot, especially since this is the first I have messed with installing a recovery or anything since I rooted. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I didn't get a logcat to post, as it has never kicked an error.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPhoenyx View Post
    Alright, so I went to install the COT recovery. I have made flash_image executable and followed the instructions to install the COT Recovery 2.1. It seems to work fine, via the adb shell, but when I adb reboot recovery, all I get is a light blue screen that says Enter the fastboot... Enter the fastboot.... Long time no see! I don't remember having ever installed or used fastboot, especially since this is the first I have messed with installing a recovery or anything since I rooted. Any help would be appreciated. Also, I didn't get a logcat to post, as it has never kicked an error.
    You are on ZVI (Ice Cream Sandwich) right? If you are you have to be on ZVD (Gingerbread).

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Ah, I see. Is there going to be support in the future for COT on ICS or is there another good functioning recovery that I can use with it?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by RavenPhoenyx View Post
    Ah, I see. Is there going to be support in the future for COT on ICS or is there another good functioning recovery that I can use with it?
    ICS isn't supported by any recovery on the Viper. I tried hacking away at the bootloader, but looking at the Optimus G and the LG Lucid, they go back to Gingerbread before they flash any roms, therefore meaning that no one was successful in hacking the bootloader. ICS will probably never be supported.

The Optimus G had gb?

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dark_mirage View Post
    The Optimus G had gb?

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

Crappity crap, I meant to seprate the Lucid and the Optimus G with a comma. I mean the Lucid.

So this recovery only works with gingerbread.... i was updated a while back to ics through the auto updates. is there a method (unbricking?) to downgrade to gb so i can install the recovery?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    1,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sokkershark View Post
    So this recovery only works with gingerbread.... i was updated a while back to ics through the auto updates. is there a method (unbricking?) to downgrade to gb so i can install the recovery?
    The unbrick method is the safest way and only way to downgrade.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I've been working crazy hours the past few days. Has there been any update on this? I still haven't been able to flash/wipe/anything with this recovery. I'll help anyway I can, even if it means going through code or building it. Let me know.
    Thanked by:
    progranade likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast