[COT NG][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: [COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

any other way to flash this beside flash_image?

Do this in adb
Adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
Adb shell
Su
Dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Sent from my LG Viper wasting power with roaming atm.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Do this in adb
Adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
Adb shell
Su
Dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Sent from my LG Viper wasting power with roaming atm.
Yeah, I have to edit my post, just too lazy to remember the new commands for the tabbed post.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Is this ditched? the download link is no longer interactive..

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I have no select button. I hold power and it does that but it also goes back a the same time.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

lol hold down power button, got it nice job man nice, im not sure if i should try your kernel and go ahead w/ panda...or if we have any other flashable stock ics?

edit: attempting to flash your aosp panda rom, when i go to storage options and attempt to click format /cache and format /data (by holding down power)....it goes back to main screen doesn't say anything / doesn't appear to be formatting, but the option for pre flash whipe is available i will try that

( hope i wasn't supposed to install your boot.img first, wasn't clear in other thread)

Last edited:

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I have to agree here, same results. I can't even manage to get it to do anything under any of the menus, it seems to flip back to the main menu almost instantaneously even under zip flashing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug somewhere here. Let me know what you need from me and I'll get it to you.

recovery.log attached, looks like some mapping aren't right but I don't know that far into how it all works :).

And one last update. I've tried using this with a clean rooted ZVD, that's where I got it to boot into the recovery and get me a log. Flashing this with 4.0.4 ICS rooted results in a blue screen stating something about fastboot twice and being here again (I'm getting tired and can't remember, I can redo this and let you know for sure, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about).

I've unbrick recovered and flashed back up to 4.0.4 upgrade with root, let me know if I can be of any help.

Attachments

• recovery.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I have no select button. I hold power and it does that but it also goes back a the same time.

You have to hold power until it clicks then let go fast. I'm trying to fix the touchpart of the recovery though. Can you go on your sd, go to the folder cotrecovery and upload the settings.ini so I can fix your touchscreen?

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I didn't reply I can't upload anything because I can't get o. A computer. Sorry.

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

recovery-2.txt -> latest recovery.log from a fresh boot from ZVD + root + dd'd of cot-rc1.img and toying around in the interface with trying to get anything to work
settings.txt -> fresh /mnt/sdcard/cotrecovery/settings.ini

Had to rename due to the forum not permitting log/ini, let me know if you'd like me to try anything as I'll leave it in this state for a little while.

Attachments

• recovery-2.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 4
  • settings.txt
    218 bytes · Views: 3

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

recovery-2.txt -> latest recovery.log from a fresh boot from ZVD + root + dd'd of cot-rc1.img and toying around in the interface with trying to get anything to work
settings.txt -> fresh /mnt/sdcard/cotrecovery/settings.ini

Had to rename due to the forum not permitting log/ini, let me know if you'd like me to try anything as I'll leave it in this state for a little while.

Put this in there. Touchscreen will work now. :)

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

lol hold down power button, got it nice job man nice, im not sure if i should try your kernel and go ahead w/ panda...or if we have any other flashable stock ics?

edit: attempting to flash your aosp panda rom, when i go to storage options and attempt to click format /cache and format /data (by holding down power)....it goes back to main screen doesn't say anything / doesn't appear to be formatting, but the option for pre flash whipe is available i will try that

( hope i wasn't supposed to install your boot.img first, wasn't clear in other thread)

Maybe the stock kernel will work. No idea.

EDIT: Instead of using a prebuilt recovery_kernel, I'll build the recovery kernel from source, so that'll fix the initial touch problems.

nitemarenet

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

That doesn't appear to have changed anything. I do get the recovery screen, the problem is nothing works. I know you've stated that you need to release the power button fast after it "clicks", I've tried for about 20min give or take. I'm no novince to the android realm, so I know I've definitely tried as "quick" as I can, but it just dumps straight back to the main menu with "boot android/etc" on it. I'm assuming you're already aware of that though?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

That doesn't appear to have changed anything. I do get the recovery screen, the problem is nothing works. I know you've stated that you need to release the power button fast after it "clicks", I've tried for about 20min give or take. I'm no novince to the android realm, so I know I've definitely tried as "quick" as I can, but it just dumps straight back to the main menu with "boot android/etc" on it. I'm assuming you're already aware of that though?

That is for touch, the recovery is touchscreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey