[COT NG][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch NG Recovery Alpha for the LG Viper!

About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Main Features:
1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
2. Theme support
3. Get out of recovery boot loops
4. Touch screen button controls!
5. Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device)
6. GooManager support!
7. Internal e2fsprogs for size
8. Backported ?retouch binaries? patch for ICS/JB compatibility
9. Advanced Backup
10. Delete old backups!
11. Persistent settings
12. User-defined backup locations!
13. ADB Sideload
14. Touchscreen calibration

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer
just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from
ClockworkMod 6, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a
bunch of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

Code: [Select]
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
Paste the log as an attachment (don't paste the text inside, as it can be very long), or paste it on pastebin.com.

WARNING!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img adb shell su dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Main Recovery Screenshots:
Main Gallery (external link)

Available Themes:
Themes Gallery (external link)

Download Cannibal Open Touch NG:
By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Project Open Cannibal, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the LG Viper 4G LTE
I agree (standard img)

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [COT][TOUCH]Project Open Cannibal Touch

Follow this rule most of ALL:
3645qt_zpscd4988c6.jpg

Last edited:

japin

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

Select works, just press power and just GB. ICS is a no-go for development at the moment.

Did you ask the guys who did the recovery for the LG Optimus how to get it working with ICS? I thought that the Optimus was basically the platform that most LG phones are built from.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Did you ask the guys who did the recovery for the LG Optimus how to get it working with ICS? I thought that the Optimus was basically the platform that most LG phones are built from.

LG put a security measure in the ICS kernel. The Optimus S didn't get upgraded to ICS therefore they never had this problem.

japin

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site

So did Verizon with the Galaxy SIII and it was cracked, eventually, I am sure they did it on a bunch of phones, I know each phone is different but there has to be some common denominator in the whole thing, at least that may give you a place to start.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

So did Verizon with the Galaxy S3 and it was cracked, eventually, I am sure they did it on a bunch of phones, I know each phone is different but there has to be some common denominator in the whole thing, at least that may give you a place to start.

That's Samsung. Samsung has download mode and ODIN which lets us upload roms to the ram. LGE doesn't like when people exploit their devices..

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

That's Samsung. Samsung has download mode and ODIN which lets us upload roms to the ram. LGE doesn't like when people exploit their devices..
Strange thing is, there are Newer LG devices that dev's havent had an issue with...

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

What's the difference between the install method you posted and the dd method

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

What's the difference between the install method you posted and the dd method

The install method posted needs to be edited, that will not work on these phones. I think that one is for the optimus s. The dd method still needs to be used

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

The install method posted needs to be edited, that will not work on these phones. I think that one is for the optimus s. The dd method still needs to be used

Yeah I haven't had time to take it out yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Hmm Nigel I have to wonder if you are drewwalton in disguise. Or if you work with team hydro. Either way excellent job porting cot, it's the best recovery IMHO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Hmm Nigel I have to wonder if you are drewwalton in disguise. Or if you work with team hydro. Either way excellent job porting cot, it's the best recovery IMHO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

LOL, nahhh . I wish. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski