jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local sprint store and talked to a tech about the issue I was having with Skype. Since it is how I communicate with overseas family and others while I travel, it is kind of a big deal to me that it isn't working.

So he sort of just said there wasn't anything he could do. We chatted for a minute about tech nerd crap, (it was crowded and I think he needed a break), and he offered to trade my viper for a galaxy Nexus.

Sprint overnighted it to me and I've got a few days to test drive it.

I hope I can get over the screen being so ugly, and the device feeling like a toy. Because the size is nice.

Anyway, it was fun talking to you guys, especially Nigel. Since I don't experiment with my phones I wasn't contributing anything anyway.

Btw, Nigel, I'm running paranoid android on the nexus... It's awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Why must I go through replacement viper one after another yet not offered a diff handset kkl

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Tell your carrier that you are tired of the failures of the phone and want them to put you in another one. That works more times than not if you have swapped the phone out a bunch of times

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Imo the screen is beautiful to me<br />
<br />
Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

To each his own. Compared to the LG or HTC screen, it looks like reading through a dirty window. First world problems for ya.

The ics update, while nice, just isn't optimized for the viper like it is for other models. Go to the store and tell them that phone support told you that they could issue you a new phone in store. They will tell you that the phone people lie and are jerks... Press the issue and you'll get what you want if you are nice.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Why must I go through replacement viper one after another yet not offered a diff handset kkl

P. S. Unless you want to root, I'd it may not be worth it... The nexus is the only "equivalent model" in their computer. It isn't nearly as good until you unlock it and flash a better ROM. Good news is that it is so easy, even I could do it.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I mean they overnight me replacement vipers, they credit my bill, i got my airrave coming today...they say nothing compatible in their system ( b/c they sending refurbs), but i'll request a GS3 or evo 4g lte then lol

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I brow beat Verizon into an upgrade or three so it is at least worth a try.

Decide realistically what phone is close and ask them for it. You cannot go from a pan tech burst to an SGS 3, but you can take some modest gains

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I mean they overnight me replacement vipers, they credit my bill, i got my airrave coming today...they say nothing compatible in their system ( b/c they sending refurbs), but i'll request a GS3 or evo 4g lte then lol

They said the same thing over the phone, that since I had had two replacements, that they couldn't see on their computer if I was eligible for anything, and that I'd have to go to the store.

Good luck on one of those two phones... That would be very surprising to me if they went for it. Even if you got this phone, it is really sweet. You can flash paranoid and it'll be like your own little nexus tablet. It is seriously sweet.

(I do really miss memo though)

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally called a random corporate Sprint executive, my galaxy nexus is a on its way. Lol.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
So what's the deal w/ the GNEX screen... i mean viper is 480x800 LCD TFT/TFD, 24 bit, vs Gnex OLED 720x1280 Full Color, same 24 bit....So the color range / depth must appear better on the gnex, OLED > LCD regardless, ive never had a phone w. 720x1280....but only 24 bit it is probably going to have contrast issues....I guess i'll wait and see, regardless it sure beats the viper to go from no recovery on ics, to 4.2.1 and all future updates quickly...I did notice though the Viper is listed as LTE 1900 , nexus LTE 750 (anyone elighten?) I still havent seen any 4g around me...but almost seems like an international compatability not a lack of frequency pickup no?

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The gnex screen is absolutely beautiful everything is so clear and bright and brilliant its an HD display trust me your gonna love this phone the development for it is unreal ull be flashing roms like crazy lol paranoid is what I'm running I'd recommend if u wanna take full advantage of the 4.65 inch display this phone makes the viper seem like my old Optimus S lol seriously though the best screen I've had on any of my androids so far 5 others to be exact and that being said if sprint ever gets the Nexus 4 would that mean that since they're discontinuing the gnex that they'd upgrade us to the n4 if we broke it or needed a replacement?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
The gnex screen is absolutely beautiful everything is so clear and bright and brilliant its an HD display trust me your gonna love this phone the development for it is unreal ull be flashing roms like crazy lol paranoid is what I'm running I'd recommend if u wanna take full advantage of the 4.65 inch display this phone makes the viper seem like my old Optimus S lol seriously though the best screen I've had on any of my androids so far 5 others to be exact and that being said if sprint ever gets the Nexus 4 would that mean that since they're discontinuing the gnex that they'd upgrade us to the n4 if we broke it or needed a replacement?

I don't know if sprint will ever see Nexus 4. They say the only Nexus 4 floating around is a GSM Network for T-mobile and AT&T. Who knows anymore with the way phones are made. Specs does look good N4