Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dannyman3819
  • 1 Post By StephenUtterback
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for Roms, Kernels, Recoveries, And other Info? Start here!

I will try dedicating this thread to the being a sort of directory of threads for things made for and ported to this device. Just about anything that falls under the category of rom/kernel/recovery/root/tweak goes here. Hopefully it will be stickied so it can be more easily accessed.

So now that we have a fancy name and banner let's get started!

[Root]:

[Roms]:

[Kernels]:

[Recoveries]:

[Tweaks]:

[Guides/Other]:

Huge thanks to the members of the community so far, you guys are awesome!

Feel free to suggest anything that should be added.
    Last edited by JoshCo1n; 01-04-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Looking for Roms, Kernels, Recoveries, And other Info? Start here!

I have a few questions about the recoveries because i'm a noob lol... first off: In flashing any type of recovery, will it wipe all my data including saved passwords and such? If so, (and this goes for flashing ROMs also), how would I go about using Titanium Backup to get all of that back up to where it originally was? Also, are all these types of recoveries similar? And one last one, how do I flash a recovery? I am on the Viper running sprint's 4.0.4 OTA update.

Thanks for all this work! Can't wait for CM10

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by StephenUtterback View Post
    I have a few questions about the recoveries because i'm a noob lol... first off: In flashing any type of recovery, will it wipe all my data including saved passwords and such? If so, (and this goes for flashing ROMs also), how would I go about using Titanium Backup to get all of that back up to where it originally was? Also, are all these types of recoveries similar? And one last one, how do I flash a recovery? I am on the Viper running sprint's 4.0.4 OTA update.

Thanks for all this work! Can't wait for CM10
    1. No flashing recovery will not wipe any data or anything
    2. Well you would backup your apps using titanium backup. But backup using recovery before flashing anything(which backups everything so you can return to normal.) But since this phone doesn't have any stable roms out you don't want to flash anything
    3. Yes on terms of usage. No in terms of how they look. I personally use twrp because I haven't tried nigels cot recovery yet
    4. Oh there's no recoverys that will work correctly on ics yet.
    My advice to you is wait till we have more roms built and support the new ics update

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    n0ve likes this.

You, my sir, have just made my experience with android so much easier to understand. And for that, I thank you.
    Dannyman3819 likes this.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

how to grab radio partition from this stock-rom?
    i want to flash it to another model

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by un1ocked View Post
    how to grab radio partition from this stock-rom?
    i want to flash it to another model
    Not sure, but I'll find out for you.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Are you guys getting close to CM10 for the Viper? Just curious. I have checked on here in a while and i'm wondering where you guys are at

Quote Originally Posted by StephenUtterback View Post
    Are you guys getting close to CM10 for the Viper? Just curious. I have checked on here in a while and i'm wondering where you guys are at
    Locked bootloader with ics update, so pretty much ground to a halt at this point.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

A better question, how is that safestrap coming along any progress?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    A better question, how is that safestrap coming along any progress?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Anyone committed to working on one?

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 2.

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by libertus77 View Post
    Anyone committed to working on one?

No one that's currently active. I'm pretty sure Josh was getting close to getting a working CM9 build, but he just disappeared from the internet. (IRC, G+, AC).
    Plus I'm pretty sure this device is EOL, so no devs are really coming to help this community, and I'm not really going to go further than a working recovery if all of the community members have switched to another device. And now that I'm a Team Hydro developer, I've mostly been helping out with the next release of COT and porting COT to new devices. So no, no active devs on this forum for the Viper.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.