Looking for Roms, Kernels, Recoveries, And other Info? Start here!

JoshCo1n

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

UvIMl.png

I will try dedicating this thread to the being a sort of directory of threads for things made for and ported to this device. Just about anything that falls under the category of rom/kernel/recovery/root/tweak goes here. Hopefully it will be stickied so it can be more easily accessed.

So now that we have a fancy name and banner let's get started!

[Root]:

[Roms]:

[Kernels]:

[Recoveries]:

[Tweaks]:

[Guides/Other]:

Huge thanks to the members of the community so far, you guys are awesome!

Feel free to suggest anything that should be added.​

Last edited:

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a few questions about the recoveries because i'm a noob lol... first off: In flashing any type of recovery, will it wipe all my data including saved passwords and such? If so, (and this goes for flashing ROMs also), how would I go about using Titanium Backup to get all of that back up to where it originally was? Also, are all these types of recoveries similar? And one last one, how do I flash a recovery? I am on the Viper running sprint's 4.0.4 OTA update.

Thanks for all this work! Can't wait for CM10 :D

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a few questions about the recoveries because i'm a noob lol... first off: In flashing any type of recovery, will it wipe all my data including saved passwords and such? If so, (and this goes for flashing ROMs also), how would I go about using Titanium Backup to get all of that back up to where it originally was? Also, are all these types of recoveries similar? And one last one, how do I flash a recovery? I am on the Viper running sprint's 4.0.4 OTA update.

Thanks for all this work! Can't wait for CM10 :D

1. No flashing recovery will not wipe any data or anything
2. Well you would backup your apps using titanium backup. But backup using recovery before flashing anything(which backups everything so you can return to normal.) But since this phone doesn't have any stable roms out you don't want to flash anything
3. Yes on terms of usage. No in terms of how they look. I personally use twrp because I haven't tried nigels cot recovery yet
4. Oh there's no recoverys that will work correctly on ics yet.
My advice to you is wait till we have more roms built and support the new ics update

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys getting close to CM10 for the Viper? Just curious. I have checked on here in a while and i'm wondering where you guys are at :)

Locked bootloader with ics update, so pretty much ground to a halt at this point.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 2.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone committed to working on one?

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 2.

No one that's currently active. I'm pretty sure Josh was getting close to getting a working CM9 build, but he just disappeared from the internet. (IRC, G+, AC).
Plus I'm pretty sure this device is EOL, so no devs are really coming to help this community, and I'm not really going to go further than a working recovery if all of the community members have switched to another device. And now that I'm a Team Hydro developer, I've mostly been helping out with the next release of COT and porting COT to new devices. So no, no active devs on this forum for the Viper.