And this is the beginning to the end

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
PandaROM 4.0.4

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha build. It isn't recommended for use as a daily driver.

My GitHub is located here:
https://github.com/thenameisnigel

Standard CM Disclaimer:
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up or hard bricking your device, I will laugh at you. */

Please do post bug reports on my issue tracker for these builds. These are OFFICIAL Alpha Builds of PandaROM 4.0.4 for the LG Viper 4G LTE. I have private testers supplying me with logcats.

Credits to Developers:
  • CyanogenMod Team (Based on there hard work)
  • All my testers (Thanks Everyone)

Private Testers Credits:
Blah.

What Works?
Blah.

Known Issues?
Blah.

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Unlock/root your device
  2. Flash Cannibal Open Touch Recovery. Do a Nandroid backup
  3. Wipe /data and /cache (If you are on any of my previous nightly builds just wipe /cache and /data/dalvik-cache)
  4. Install the Panda ROM, then install the Google Addon (Gapps).
  5. Reboot out of recovery
  6. Enjoy PandaROM 4.0.4

Authorized Ice Cream Sandwich Compatible Kernels:
Again, please wait.

Questions and Answer Section:
Q.) Gallery wont load my pictures. It only shows black tiles, how can I fix this issue? A.) Go onto your sdcard and delete ".nomedia" from it. Then go into Settings....applications.....rom manager and disable "Rom Manager". Boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. Reboot. Q.) I cant get a GPS Lock at all...How do I fix this? A.) GPS works for 75-80% of people right out of the box without needing any special help to acquire a lock. However there are the other 20-25% that just cant get a lock. To fix this issue you need to Odin back to the stock ROM (EL29 or FF18) Get a solid GPS lock on the stock rom. Then flash Jellybro Nightly. You shouldnt have anymore issues with GPS there after. Q.) Help me...I cant get root access to work, How do I fix this? A.) Open the superuser app. Go to the wrench for settings. Then select security. Then go to automatic response and set it to allow from prompt. It will then work fine. Q.) I can not get texts or receive calls...how do I fix this? A.) You are experiencing LOS. Do a reboot of your device each time it happens. Or use tasker app to flash the LoS Fix on xda site

Thanks to all contributors for this project. It couldnt be possible without everyones contributions.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [CM] PandaROM 4.0.4

TO ALL WHO SAYS THERE IS A PROBLEM:

3645qt_zpscd4988c6.jpg

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Patches, branching, updating...
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IS IN THIS POST. READ IT CAREFULLY TO MAKE SURE YOU AGREE TO THE CONDITIONS SET FORTH BY ME.

Project Panda's Updater Service Update:

• [*=2]In order to reserve bandwidth and space, I'll be implementing DELTA Updates into the update service app. DELTA Updates are updates that only target the files that have been updated on the server, therefore updates are normally smaller ( ~ 20mb). This system will be put into place immediately and there will be no way to force an entire ROM download ( ~ 220 mb), and if you do attempt to hack, force, bypass the system I have in place to prevent full ROM downloads, you will be banned from accessing the server where my ROM is located and no mirrors will be created for you.

Project Panda's Git Repositories:

• [*=2]As of the current time (January 7, 2013 @ 4:24:00 PM), no one on the Project Panda team has voted to move our repositories from GitHub or not. If a decision is not reached by January 31, 2013 @ 11:59 PM, I will be forced to make all 650+ of our repositories private until we can decide on what to do.

Last edited:

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

How long will this take? I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a whiny baby now, but I really don't get a lot of time on the computer and only have a limited time right now.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site

progrenade you do realize aFter publishing that video, we now have a face to put to that whiny text, tiny pixels forming words that we managE to form into your pre pubescent voice....and it is annoying, but, we know your an immature kid ;\

- - - Updated - - -

I always forget to say that the op is updated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Why bother when you have children constantly hounding the threads like vultures ;P Thanks for your hard work by the way.

aaronmy

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: [AOSP] PandaROM 4.0.4

i am so confused where do i start? I'm not a noob but isn't the ics bootloader locked? or........??????

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888