Quick Question

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a camera app from 4.2 that is supposed to be flashable, but have no custom recovery. Is there any way for me to install the app without the custom recovery?!

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the zip, and get the camera app extracted. Go in root Explorer, and find /system/app/ then delete your camera.apk, and replace it with the one you just extracted (must be named correctly) then hit edit permissions, and change them to match this :
[x] [x] [x]
[x] [x] [x]
[x] [ ] [x]
(rwxrwxr-x)

Then reboot.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes it should. I've looked at the init.rc and determined that it should provide unrestricted access to the boot loader and recovery partition.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, that'd be awesome. Downloaded the boot.IMG. Maybe I'll be brave and guinea pig it this weekend. No promises though. We really need to get you a cheap Viper, Nigel. Lol

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I must've uploaded my SSH private key somewhere by accident because someone hacked my GitHub. Now I have to revoke all my keys. -__-

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Know what commands I will need to flash the boot IMG in terminal?

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2

StephenUtterback

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Open the zip, and get the camera app extracted. Go in root Explorer, and find /system/app/ then delete your camera.apk, and replace it with the one you just extracted (must be named correctly) then hit edit permissions, and change them to match this :
[x] [x] [x]
[x] [x] [x]
[x] [ ] [x]
(rwxrwxr-x)

Then reboot.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2

And just to be on the safe side, if this doesn't work, how do I go about getting the original camera app back? Thank you so much for this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt