Lg viper wifi and 3g problem

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ya, same here. music is 104 and videos is a lot higher. apps are different time to time. Do you think I am over worried of the problem.
Anything over 100 I would consider overheating my old viper topped 128 before I got rid of it averaged 100 to 105 tho with just casual use

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No that's the reason behind me making the swap it didn't want a phone lighting my hand or ear on fire every time I went to use it lol call*2 and bit** about it they'll give u the gnex trust.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My viper is average 103 to 110 and on stand by 90. is this normal?
No that's the reason behind me making the swap it didn't want a phone lighting my hand or ear on fire every time I went to use it lol call*2 and bit** about it they'll give u the gnex trust.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I went through this for a total of 6 Viper replacements between myself and my girl...it got to a point where id notice them sending refurbished underclocked phones claiming it's a "fix" to overheating, what a rip....anyway I escalated the situation myself and direct dialed a corporate executive in Texas, and i filed a complained on the FCC's website, as soon as you hit up the FCC, sprint will call you back..(two gnex's + extended batteries are on the way to my home)

I think the phone is a piece of . I had one and it wouldn't last more than an hour or two with absolutely nothing being done. I traded it in for another and same thing. I love the screen and how thin the phone is and call quality was fine but battery life was abysmal. It would die overnight if it wasn't plugged in even though I had gps off, and background data only once an hour or something like that and when I did charge it it would take several hours to complete. It shouldn't take longer to charge a battery than to discharge one.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The sad thing is it is winter here. I am scared to see how hot it gets when i am outside and it is 98 degrees.

Yea mine would actually stop charging. Some screen came up saying it was too hot and to disconnect it.

I love the screen, how thin it was and pretty much everything else. But thats also like having a really awesome looking car that indestructible, really fast and can corner great however it only gets .000000000000002 mpg and the tank only hold .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 gallons of premium LEADED gas.....

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The gnex get HOT too 123.86 with just lite to moderate use and on charger as well gonna call tomorrow and try to get the evo 4g lte

Justin Cardwell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You do have a custom rom installed, could that be a cause?
The gnex get HOT too 123.86 with just lite to moderate use and on charger as well gonna call tomorrow and try to get the evo 4g lte

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
No it was doing it before I installed paranoid if ne thing paranoid helped not much but a little I love this phone though I'd hate to switch again and I'm having mixed feelings about HTC phones

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
If I am not allowed to switch phones or get a replacement. I will get a Galaxy nexus out of my own pocket.

You'd be better off selling it on ebay or amazon for parts and then buying the nexus from the same place no contract. Hell my old broken photon 4g got a hundred for parts and its older than the viper

dorseykd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happens to me all the time. I have to take the battery out and hold it in front of the car vent with the AC on for about 5-10 minutes, then put it back in and charge it for a while so it can build up enough juice to power back on. Other than that I like the viper. It's better than the galaxy s2 I had previously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress