Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default slow charging issue please help!

Ok so I got the LG Viper about a month ago and two to three weeks after I got it I noticed that almost every time I would plug it in it a notification saying slow charging pops up with a symbol in the notification bar. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks.

Default Re: slow charging issue please help!

Quote Originally Posted by joecobb View Post
    Ok so I got the LG Viper about a month ago and two to three weeks after I got it I noticed that almost every time I would plug it in it a notification saying slow charging pops up with a symbol in the notification bar. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks.
    If you are using USB Port too charge then you will see that happen. Really would use a wall charger. using the USB Port too charge has caused alot of problems with battery overheating issues as well. worse using car charger and using google nav. together will really cause future charing the battery issues as time goes on.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am using a wall charger. I plugged it into my laptop once then a few days later I noticed the slow charging icon and ever since then I have noticed that symbol when ever I plug my phone in.

Quote Originally Posted by joecobb View Post
    I am using a wall charger. I plugged it into my laptop once then a few days later I noticed the slow charging icon and ever since then I have noticed that symbol when ever I plug my phone in.
    I believe thats a firmware issue. and I believe thats why the battery overheating and charging is causing alot of replacement issues of the device
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

I had this phone for about a week and no matter which source I used to charge it took forever as in several hours.

I had this problem recently with my phone. After several days of the problem persisting I looked up some solutions and it was suggested to clean the port and whatever cable was being used. I used a bit of rubbing alcohol and a tooth brush, only just barely dipped and the extra knocked off. That helped only marginally at first, but about a week later the problem went away.