Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Viper lte replacement

Next weekend I am taking my phone to sprint. It has been overheating. What should I tell the store rep. I do not want a used viper. If I get a used viper it is twice as likely I will experience this problem again.

Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Viper lte replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Cardwell View Post
    Next weekend I am taking my phone to sprint. It has been overheating. What should I tell the store rep. I do not want a used viper. If I get a used viper it is twice as likely I will experience this problem again.
    Any replacement you get is refurbished. Life sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk HD

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

thats all you will get even if you go thru 3 lg vipers and they decide too replace it with gnex after the 3rd viper been replaced. the gnex will be refurb.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    thats all you will get even if you go thru 3 lg vipers and they decide too replace it with gnex after the 3rd viper been replaced. the gnex will be refurb.
    I tried to get my phone replaced with a Galaxy Nexus because my Galaxy S II kept bricking with the latest OTA and they said they stopped replacing the devices with a different model on Jan 10th.

I'm calling them in the morning and telling them I want the evo 4g lte my gnex hits 123.86 every time it's on charger and the same with just light googling lol and really just moderate use and I know the evo is one of the replacements I love the gnex don't get me wrong but I don't like my ear lighting on fire when I'm on the phone.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.

I had the same issue when I originally got the viper and after three tries I stayed there till they gave me the photon q which was free that day if you scheduled a time at the store to get it.

Global Posts
    1,457 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    I'm calling them in the morning and telling them I want the evo 4g lte my gnex hits 123.86 every time it's on charger and the same with just light googling lol and really just moderate use and I know the evo is one of the replacements I love the gnex don't get me wrong but I don't like my ear lighting on fire when I'm on the phone.

Sent from my paranoid galaxy Nexus on 4.2.1 which really has no reason to be paranoid unless he never quit smoking.
    They don't give different model devices anymore as stated in post 4. Plus since they gave you a Nexus already, and you're trying to get a different model, your account is sure to get red flagged for fraud. If you don't believe me, read the Sprint TOS and Asurion TOS. Specifically account fraud I believe.

I've been with sprint for 15 years I doubt I'll get red flagged u never know but I doubt it why would they be thinking fraud they sold me a crappy phone in the first ace and then replaced it with another one I signed a new 2yr agreement in hope of having a sweet phone and instead I get a handheld oven idk doesn't hurt to try though I'll let u guys know what happens lol

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I also purchased the phone from Best Buy

I also purchased the phone from Best Buy
    Thats the way to do it because if you keep getting a ty phone you can demand them give you you upgrade back and go somewhere else.

Yeah I originally bought my viper from best buy as well but why does that make such a difference? Not being a smart *** just curious.

Yeah I originally bought my viper from best buy as well but why does that make such a difference? Not being a smart *** just curious.

Who's protection plan do you have?

Sent from my busa!

Sprints TEP I believe it's like 8 bucks a month or something like that.

And I believe they're no longer replacing the s2 with a different model its old and outdated just saying the viper came out in
    2012 and the e4gt came out in 2011 ergo outdated idk I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow and see what happens I've been with sprint so long I don't see them refusing me the evo.

Mainly that they have a 14 return policy and from my experience they will either let you swap it for a phone thats also on sale at the time as in if say phone xyz is free today or equal to what you paid for the phone you're returning they will do it or you simply give the phone back and tell them give you back your upgrade.

- - - Updated - - -

Sprints TEP I believe it's like 8 bucks a month or something like that.

Yea and a huge deductible. Best Buy has none.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

When i talked with the rep you must go to bestbuy for a replacement, but i don't think they can trace back that info

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I have no add on insurance
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

6 months ago was when it was purchased
    Quote Originally Posted by whymista View Post
    Thats the way to do it because if you keep getting a ty phone you can demand them give you you upgrade back and go somewhere else.

Your gonna half to have it replaced under the manufacturers warranty.

Sent from my busa!

Yea no store is going to replace it because there is no telling what you did to it(not that you did but from a business standpoint its no longer their problem)

If you've had it this long I can't imagine it didn't overheat sooner as mine did from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    I tried to get my phone replaced with a Galaxy Nexus because my Galaxy S II kept bricking with the latest OTA and they said they stopped replacing the devices with a different model on Jan 10th.
    So are they just going too keep giving the sprint customers. The same phone they currently have. Wow I am glad I got my replacement before this happen. I just wonder If a phone is no longer in stock what are they going let the customers do?
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Idk I think he's trippin the galaxy 2 is 2yrs old so why would they send u a new device when your phones 2yrs old the viper just came out in the middle of 2012 so it would make sense that they would replace it with a different one idk just my thoughts on it.

Idk I think he's trippin the galaxy 2 is 2yrs old so why would they send u a new device when your phones 2yrs old the viper just came out in the middle of 2012 so it would make sense that they would replace it with a different one idk just my thoughts on it.

Yea sprint doesn't owe him/her anything but a phone that is comparable to the old s2. It makes no sense to think you can turn in an old phone thats "defective" and get a new one. I might try to turn my photon q 4glte in in may and say I wan an s4 lol
    Thanked by:
    slinkies likes this.

Lol that's funny yea I'm calling first thing in the morning and asking for the evo 4g lte ill let you guys know what happens lol wish me luck.

whymista likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

How did it go? How can you just call, i have to go into the store before they do anything for me?
    Lol that's funny yea I'm calling first thing in the morning and asking for the evo 4g lte ill let you guys know what happens lol wish me luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast