Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What things CAN we freeze? I keep bricking my Viper.

I've bricked my Viper twice. I get the security error on the LG screen. Thankfully I can get the unbrick stuff using the LG tool kit to work.

Here's what's going on. I root the phone using the scripts from Bin4ry (thanks!).

I install Root App Delete from Google Play.

The first go-round I deleted nearly everything with Sprint on it and a handful of other stuff. Bricked.

Second time, I deleted the following, and it still bricked.

Sprint Nascar
    Google Play movies, music, magazines, books, etc.
    Sprint TV
    Sprint Music Plus
    Shopper
    (and, it bricked!)

So now I'm up to the point that rooting the phone (if all you want to do is remove bloatware) isn't really much of an advantage on the Viper. They seem to have the system so tightly wound up that just looking at it wrong bricks it. I love this little device, it's a real gem for us who just use them as app machines.

So now my question is, is there any way at all to remove this bloatware? I'm a bit of a noob at flashing ROMS and such, I've never done it and don't really understand the process all that well, nor do I understand the end product other than having a custom operating system on it.

Is there a way to just "format" this thing and install a fresh system (like formatting a hard drive and starting from scratch)?
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: What things CAN we freeze? I keep bricking my Viper.

I think the reason it bricked is because you remover Google stuff. I was able to sprint stuff but that was it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: What things CAN we freeze? I keep bricking my Viper.

Interesting. Well I don't want to brick it again unless I get to where I really need the space on the phone.

I hid it all using Nova launcher (pro edition) which actually makes for a very sleek little operating system upgrade. Worth the $4 in my case, now I only see what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    I think the reason it bricked is because you remover Google stuff. I was able to sprint stuff but that was it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2