Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By prolongExistence
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default trying to recover my sd card

hi i have stupidly erased my sd card thinking i was cleaning one a friend had given to me that was bigger.. long story short im trying to recover my pictures and videos thats all.. i have used a few different ones but none seem to let me save my images only see them within the program unless i spend 50 on the full version... does anyone know a good free program that would let me do so ? also i am on a mac... i have a program to run windows based programs but a mac program would be best... please and thank you

Default Re: trying to recover my sd card

Sorry this is a windows program but use recuva.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

For windows based answers, I agree with Recuva from piriform.com or Pandora Recovery
    For mac based solutions, I recommend trashing the mac. (Sorry, couldn't resist)
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Thanked by:
    progranade likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

haha i get it all the time lmao... i need it for work thats the ONLY reason i have it... But i have a program on my mac called "winebottler" which lets me run windows based programs on my book. I was able to get it loaded but all it did was say there was 1 mp3 file. So i figured "ok its cause im on my boopk" so i tried it on my pc and the same thing happened. I used a bunch of other programs it it showed a whole mess load of pics that i had deleted a year ago. so i know there on there. i just couldnt save them. (hence me asking this question here ) So ill give the other program a run right now and let you guys know. Thanx for the help!

I've used both Recuva and Pandora Recovery several times. Both very good and both free.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Mine- Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2);
    AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.

Global Posts
    1,456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cmy310 View Post
    haha i get it all the time lmao... i need it for work thats the ONLY reason i have it... But i have a program on my mac called "winebottler" which lets me run windows based programs on my book. I was able to get it loaded but all it did was say there was 1 mp3 file. So i figured "ok its cause im on my boopk" so i tried it on my pc and the same thing happened. I used a bunch of other programs it it showed a whole mess load of pics that i had deleted a year ago. so i know there on there. i just couldnt save them. (hence me asking this question here ) So ill give the other program a run right now and let you guys know. Thanx for the help!
    If you put the sdcard back in your phone, you probably overwritten the files by now.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Also, you need to recover over raw mass storage, not mtp.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

the files havent been overwriten at all but i cant save the videos now... saved pics... also i have pics on the "keepsafe" app any way to get those back? videos too

You can recover deleted pictures from memory card by using photo recovery software.
    When i am facing same problem i have used photo recovery software and i get back all deleted
    photos. It recovers all photos within few minutes. Now you can Android LG Card Recovery demo version of this software.