Q & A Area

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Q & A Area

Ok this is a post so we can all talk, ask, and answer. This will be a big help I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok well here are some of my questions.

So, Nigel where are you in Cyanogen Mod or anything else, can I contribute? Can you teach me to do that.

Tommy, I updated and I can't root it can't find the Backup-Restore or RIC, then it stays on Running....

Danny, So with PandaRom, MIUI, or SmartViper. PandaRom may I help with compiling again, can you teach? MIUI I think it is close. Like REALLY close, and PandaRom I really want to help and do stuff with it, what are the bugs and can I fix them?

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I just know things that I've looked up on the Internet. Just look for guides and it's pretty much the same but you just have to change a few words for your device. Do miui or panda rom boot. I thought only smartviper booted. I think it's all about the bootloader and I have no clue how to work on that. P.s. I would teach you but everything I know is on the Internet.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

anon(963605)

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Q & A Area

@Tommy: That's what the root window says at the beginning.
@Danny: Can you just tell me what you know? And like guide me through most of it?

Dannyman3819

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Q & A Area

@Tommy: That's what the root window says at the beginning.
@Danny: Can you just tell me what you know? And like guide me through most of it?
ok so first things first you need a linux setup personally i use ubuntu 10.10.
then go here install java6 JDK
Then install the required packages for your version.
Then setup usb debugging if you havnt already.
then you can go here and start at getting the source.
FYI you can change the android folder to anything you want without spaces

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Nigel here,

As far as CyanogenMod development, I've been working on it, but not as much as I used to since I'm the device maintainer for about 5 or 6 other devices as well as my job, and being a code-reviewer for Cyanogenmod and writing PandaROM and a couple apps so yeah. I had a complete build of it but the kernel caused a hard-brick to the Viper I tested it on so I didn't release it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
How did I miss this?

zu8avehy.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dark_mirage

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Then manually inject binaries bb and su
W symlinks
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The good old method. I remember having to do this to root my HTC hero back in ancient times. That was when ?clair was the standard, lol.

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2