Cannot root Viper ICS

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: LS840ZVK Rooting

i have the same exact phone model and all trying to learn to root and flash dont understand it yet but i got lg flash tools i know i will have to downgrade the firmware to root this lg viper but dont know how to use the lg flash tool and simpleoneclick stalls at step 7 for me too

Simpleoneclick only roots Gingerbread.
Here's how to root ZVI.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2286062

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

Just grabbed a Viper off ebay real cheap to play with. First thing I plan to do is root when it shows up next week. Are these instructions below the current best process, or is there a better method?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Just grabbed a Viper off ebay real cheap to play with. First thing I plan to do is root when it shows up next week. Are these instructions below the current best process, or is there a better method?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That should do it.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored SGS-III running a Morphed & KT747-powered CleanBean4.0 using Tapatalk 4 Beta.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Nicholas Harmon

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I was able to root my LG Viper 4G LTE this way, so thanks jgkim, and to everyone else, this worked flawlessly.

redfishsc

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

I used JGKim's advice and was able to root a stubborn Viper today. I had the ZVK version of ICS, and I followed option 1 to revert to ZVI, and then used step 2 to root. I'm now deleting bloatware. I'm using a busted-screen Viper as a guinea pig. I had previously rooted this phone before, but every time I deleted bloatware, it bricked.

I gave up on rooting it and just ran Nova Launcher, but when I busted the screen, I bought another Viper used. So I'm using my busted screen Viper as a guinea pig, little by little, to see what I can safely delete without bricking it.

joe zack

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
mr libertus77 I did the rooting now the problem is how to download clockwork mode recovery aim running ls840ZVI ANDROID VERSION 4.0.4

- - - Updated - - -

I DID RUN ROM MANAGER IS NOT WORKING................

jiveturkey99

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I got an error with the ota, and ended up tot-ing back to a clean zvi, rooting it, running ota root keeper, taking the ota and then restoring from my titanium backup. Hopefully you guys have better luck. It wasn't too bad, in any case.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2

I have root on ZVK after tot back to ZVI, and used root keeper so all is well there.
The problem I am having is with the 4g radio. If I change my mobile network to lte/cdma I cannot connect with 4g or 3g. If I change it to cdma only I have 3g service no problem. Is anyone else having this same issue?
Thanks

Own3r

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have root on ZVK after tot back to ZVI, and used root keeper so all is well there.
The problem I am having is with the 4g radio. If I change my mobile network to lte/cdma I cannot connect with 4g or 3g. If I change it to cdma only I have 3g service no problem. Is anyone else having this same issue?
Thanks

"Once the phone reboots for the first time you can unplug the phone. also if you remember your msl number please do a ##786# enter your MSL so you will have a fresh voice and data."

jiveturkey99

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
"Once the phone reboots for the first time you can unplug the phone. also if you remember your msl number please do a ##786# enter your MSL so you will have a fresh voice and data."
Got my MSL number from sprint. The ##786# was incorrect, but I can't remember what they told me to enter now. Either way 3g and 4g are working correctly now.

Thanks

jiveturkey99

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a list of "OK to remove apps". I had to reflash today, because I removed like 15 apps, and soft bricked my phone. I seen a list somewhere, but no amount of googling seems to bring that page back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar