1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ZVK update and root?

Will I loss root permission when or if I update? If so can I do something to get rid of the update notification?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: ZVK update and root?

I didn't think id lose my root, so I updated. You lose your root :/

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Didn't update yet.. Was trying to wait up I remembered last time I used voodoo root keeper and it worked

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by arn1016 View Post
    Didn't update yet.. Was trying to wait up I remembered last time I used voodoo root keeper and it worked

Voodoo Root Keeper works with any ota update.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

What about SuperSU? It has a root keeper.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Okay, Voodoo OTA RootKeeper worked and I still have root on zvk. Yay! Unfortunately I kept getting an error with the update for a problem with BooksTablet.apk. I didn't delete anything and everything was defrosted. I don't know what that was about. I ended up flash tooling back to clean zvi, rooting, ota root keepering then taking the ota. Worked like a charm. Now I am waiting for TiBU to restore everything. Still have the update.zip.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 2

I use voodoo ota rootkeeper, backed up su, temp un-root, then installed the update. When up it was trying to up date the andriod dude fell down with an ! over him phone restarted and about phone says it running ls840zvi, the up date icon is gone and according to the phone it is up to date, and i'm still rooted.

Is the update still in your cache folder? May be having the same problem I had. Adb reboot recovery and try to run manually to see what happens.

not sure how to check or how to do it manually.

Do you have adb set up on your computer? Don't remember his to get into recovery without adb or root apps.

I installed root browser and the update is still on my phone. The lg drivers are installed.

I have been putting off this update because I deleted a lot of the sprint bloat, and figured this would effect the update. I dont feel like spending the time to go all the way back to gb and work my way back to the new zvk and root.... again. so I have been just been putting it off. I found that using a root explorer I can just delete the update file and then next time im prompted to update I click install now. the phone counts down to to restart, then I get an error that says some google service has stopped.. then the update goes away for at least two weeks. rinse repeat.

any opinions on this. should i just update? if so whats the easiest way to update and keep my root?

anyone have a clue as to why when i try to press restore for rooting my phone, ls840zvk, it says restore starting and almost immediately after it says restore ended? the root program just hangs waiting for my phone to restore then.

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by trailz View Post
    I have been putting off this update because I deleted a lot of the sprint bloat, and figured this would effect the update. I dont feel like spending the time to go all the way back to gb and work my way back to the new zvk and root.... again. so I have been just been putting it off. I found that using a root explorer I can just delete the update file and then next time im prompted to update I click install now. the phone counts down to to restart, then I get an error that says some google service has stopped.. then the update goes away for at least two weeks. rinse repeat.

any opinions on this. should i just update? if so whats the easiest way to update and keep my root?
    Go to the market and download OTA Root Keeper.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mcgregor View Post
    anyone have a clue as to why when i try to press restore for rooting my phone, ls840zvk, it says restore starting and almost immediately after it says restore ended? the root program just hangs waiting for my phone to restore then.
    Can't root zvk directly. Have to root zvi, then us ota root keeper, as mentioned throughout this thread.

Sent from my JellyBean-Flavored Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2