Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wifi-Tethering Issue....

Hi, I recently got my hands on sprints LG Viper 4G LTE where I'm having issues with tethering.

I've tried foxfi including the newest version, where I was able to connect with my computer, but I was unable to receive and transmit any data. I even tried wifi-thering where I was unable to locate the phone on my computer. I'm connected to 4g, but I've run out of ideas on what to do.

I'm in need of some help and I hope the fellow LG Viper users can help me out with this issue. I have rooted the phone and it's with ICS.

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Wifi-Tethering Issue....

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarch View Post
    Hi, I recently got my hands on sprints LG Viper 4G LTE where I'm having issues with tethering.

I've tried foxfi including the newest version, where I was able to connect with my computer, but I was unable to receive and transmit any data. I even tried wifi-thering where I was unable to locate the phone on my computer. I'm connected to 4g, but I've run out of ideas on what to do.

I'm in need of some help and I hope the fellow LG Viper users can help me out with this issue. I have rooted the phone and it's with ICS.
    Uh buy the tethering plan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

I'm using foxfi on my viper with no problem... Are you actually trying to tether? I'm using it as a hotspot and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    Uh buy the tethering plan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    +1

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarch View Post

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

Works for most things.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm lost.

I also installed wifi-tether on my phone, but none of the computers could connect nor find the phone to connect to.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm using it as a hotspot, but the data isn't budging at all when I am trying to browse on my computer. I can connect and everything but there seems to be no data moving whatsoever. I'm currently connected to 4g and all as well. I'm stumped!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I finally got what you said. I did have the full version, but never downloaded the add-on which included the enable/disable proxy. Changed my browser for the proxy given and all is well now. Thanks!