HELLP rooting viper 4.0.4

Matthew Honiker

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
i have an lg viper i had it rooted once before on gingerbread i gave it up for the ics update ive been spending my time getting used to ics before once again rooting now that im ready to now though i cant get it to stick ive tried about three different process i think two may have been the same but from different post the bin4ry and at first it was going though the motions my phone rebooted a few times and it said congrats your rooted so i tried a few of my old root only apps with no luck i went and got a terminal emulator im still receiving the $ not the # so im guessing it didn't work lol ive read a couple post about if your build number is zvk or zvi it makes some type of difference im really knew to this seen so i dont know but i am zvk if it does make a difference any idea would really be greatly appreciated and im sure im breaking some rule by posting this if i did let me apologize in advance it was not my intention i have been searching threw threads for hours trying to find one similar to my problem and i couldn't

Matthew Honiker

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
also im worried about screwing around with it too much and ending up bricked i actually feel lucky i havent bricked it yet
also a lil more info since im the only reply so far lol hear are the sites i used for rooting same method but different ways i guess
How to Root the LG Viper 4G LTE running on ICS - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr
** hold that was the wrong site i am having trouble finding the site i used i been searching for hours now but its use the same methed but you run runme.bat file your self with out the comand window
also now when i try to root i just runs forever i dont get the false message of congrats any more now the shell just runs for ever
**sorry for typos and miss spellings and lack of grammar keyboard is slightly damaged and im uneducated lol :)

Last edited:

libertus77

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey Matthew. Welcome. First, I'll say that you can not root ZVK. You have to flash back to ZVI using the LG Flash Tool, (which will wipe everything) and root it with the Universal Root method, then use OTA Root Keeper from the market.

Sent from my SD-Hybrid JellyBean-Flavored Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 2

Matthew Honiker

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
libertus thank you for getting back to me and im glad it was you even though we havent met ive seen alot of your other post because of you is why i even added that lil bit about the zvk now im really glad i did lol but yeah im thinking im gonna just wait on the root i guess i wanna learn and understand android a lil better before taking all that on like i said im really kinda new to this ive really only gotten this far on luck lol and im really surprised i haven't bricked myself yet so for now thank you very much and maybe in a few more month's when im ready il creep back out of the shadows and give rooting a try maybe you could lend a helping hand
** but while im hear if you don't mind me asking if you have any tips on a good place to start learning about all things android id be really appreciative as well i know all the info is out there its just a bit jumbled hard to find a place to start but again thank you

Matthew Honiker

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
yeah thats exactly what i want trust me ive done alot of reading about it but one its hard to make sense of i feel like im always starting in the middle when i first got my viper back inn 08/12 i really tried jumping into all thing android and like i said it felt like i was starting in the middle some one had said knowing programing helps so ive been studying programing the past few months but i dont see any connection between the too especially since im studying C when i should have at-least when with java but wen i was researching programing they said c is as good as any to start for beginners i didnt find out about java till recently but i have a nice grasp of c now but still feel like im lost in the android world i just started reading learning android by marko gargenta
Learning Android: Marko Gargenta: 9781449390501: Amazon.com: Books
ive heard he comes highly recommended but if you have a better place to start id love to hear it i wanna learn it all i dont wanna just be able to root my phone i wanna be able to root it myself and understand how i did maybe flash some roms with ut worrying im gonna brick or maybe that worry never goes away but at least know what im doing this whole shooting blindly is catching up to me its not cool lol so yeah any tips or ideas im more than open to any thing lol so yeah thank you for your time every one take care

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12