New Life Project: Gingerbread only

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
What is this?
This is a project to revive the Viper. It simply will start out as a security check disable and go on from there. By the time this is finished, I will try to have CM ported to this phone, and a fully working CWM. The difference between this dev and the other devs, is I have the phone ready to test, and can spare it if something goes wrong.
What does this project need?
ANY devs that can guide me through this process. I have both Windows and Debian to work with.
What can you do?
1: DONT SPAM!!! I am completely new to the dev scene, but I also learn super quick. One of my strengths is I'm not afraid to tread on unknown territory. I do have some basic understanding of the system and will need help in modifications. Asking "when, how does this, or other pointless and unhelpful questions will not make this go faster or smoother. Information regarding know technical information is welcome, as well as help in the dev.
2: Feed me info, files, and resources!
3: Beta test... IF YOU DARE! (NOTE: I am not responsible for briked devices, WWIII, Your cat raping your sister, or any other crazy thing that can happen)
4: LOGCAT or GTFO!!! dont simply say so and so is wrong. LOGCAT it! Here is a link to a logcat tutorial: [Tutorial] How To Logcat - xda-developers
5: Commen sense, but I'll add more as I can think of it.
What is needed?
People to compile roms for me as I do not have a powerful enough system (according to AOSP)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar