New Life Project: Gingerbread only

L0rdWaffles

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the bootloader disassembled in an arm disassembler trying to nop the the part in question. But shortly after life and school took over, been free for about a month now. Might try it again, but then again I'm still not that experienced in RE.

garbb

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Could you tell briefly how you got started doing that or point me to a tutorial? Do you just basically dump that part of the storage (mmcblk0p7) into a disassembler and tell it that it that the code is armv7 or something?

Also the thing that I am worried about is that the "download mode" that you can use with the lg flash tool to unbrick your device is possibly part of the bootloader. And then of course if you beak it by modifying it then you have permanently bricked your phone...

L0rdWaffles

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend just obtaining a copy of IDA Pro and any necessary(if not included) arm plugins, then finding some tutorials on general armv7 disassembly/debugging tutorials on youtube or something. One of the more important things to get out the way first is finding the entry point. Sorry I can't be of much help I've really only got light x86 dissassembly experience.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
actually, yes. though very little. still sifting through tons of hex. not looking good though. im kinda on a brick wall with hex. I know a tiny bit, but not enough. what he said about the bootloader is interesting though. I cant get my phone to fastboot no matter what I do. I just bootloop. I wonder if there is even a way to fastboot it without the custom recovery meathod.
if you find a way, I need to know. there may be a way to oem unlock it. I keep getting usb connections in various times of the booting process with zvd which tells me that there is a connection of some kind.
getting a note 2 come Monday, so im close to tossing this phone to the side if I cant get some good results and soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781