LG Viper roms?

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
holy friggen he!! this is the birth of new epicness. i wasnt ecatly able to get a clear understanding of how to flash the recovery though. its been ages since i have tampered with an android beyond anything other than the os its-self. any simple instructions would be nice.

Off topic, why is there never any touchwiz rom ports? example porting the galaxy s3/note2 rom to another device, modifications being drivers only for example? I would love to be able to port the last jedi rom from the note 2 to this device. many power features and super smooth goodiness that would really make this device shine for me. just wishful thinking on my part though i never got a definite answer. If i can get the recovery working and make a full backup, i will gladly test your rom Nigel. any luck on that CWM recovery? thats the recovery i personally prefer.

Just a quick update, i made a post on android forums. so far it has 23 hits but no replies. will make an XDA account right now and post. we should get an irc channel up for more direct communication when things get a bit more hefty.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
holy friggen he!! this is the birth of new epicness. i wasnt ecatly able to get a clear understanding of how to flash the recovery though. its been ages since i have tampered with an android beyond anything other than the os its-self. any simple instructions would be nice.

Off topic, why is there never any touchwiz rom ports? example porting the galaxy s3/note2 rom to another device, modifications being drivers only for example? I would love to be able to port the last jedi rom from the note 2 to this device. many power features and super smooth goodiness that would really make this device shine for me. just wishful thinking on my part though i never got a definite answer. If i can get the recovery working and make a full backup, i will gladly test your rom Nigel. any luck on that CWM recovery? thats the recovery i personally prefer.

I think it's because no one really likes TouchWiz enough to port it, and even if someone ported it to the Viper, it would have to be TouchWiz ported from the GS2 or lower since from GS3 on up, TouchWiz was designed for a device with 2GB+ RAM, and even then TouchWiz still eats most of it up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
*WARNING* DO NOT attempt to flash any rom with twrp 2.6 at this time. does not mount system or sd-ext (unselectable.) @josh maybe edit yer post until the problem is corrected. wiped my os :( anyhow. working on aosp rom will post results.

edit: flashing a faulty rom may be the cause of this^

edit: restore works :) i will wait until the new device tree is complete before building/flashing faultly roms. sorry if i was mistaken and roms actually flash :p

Last edited:

Jaegerjaquez69

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
@Nigel
Sorry I've been with my nieces all day. When i get home I'll work on getting you the kernel when i get home. It input needs to have smart *** set as the default governor as far as i can see.

I'll merge your changes when i get home also. Sorry for naming it Cayman, the cwm builder named it that so i just went with that.

@Edward, you should be able to use the install script from the gb twrp thread. Just replace the twrp image in the data folder. Make sure it has the same name as the old image even the extension ".lok" needs to be "img". If the image in the zip is not a .lok file DO NOT FLASH.

Good luck everyone, your efforts are appreciated!

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
thank you jaeger. will flash now. from the sound of it though, Brandon pretty much ruled out the ability to back up and restore your roms. any clarification to this? I am not afraid to tread, just not willing to tread blindly. my viper is all i have as far as an android device goes as my old exhibit died on me.

Jaegerjaquez69

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
thank you jaeger. will flash now. from the sound of it though, Brandon pretty much ruled out the ability to back up and restore your roms. any clarification to this? I am not afraid to tread, just not willing to tread blindly. my viper is all i have as far as an android device goes as my old exhibit died on me.

As long as you use this recovery file
recovery.zip | recovery.zip | by Jaegerjaquez for Generic Device
and flash it like this
Code:
adb push recovery.lok /data/local/tmp
adb shell su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.lok of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13'
It should be fine.
^the old twrp recovery script basically does this but with twrp_recover.img or whatever it's named

As far as I can tell it functions as a recovery should. The only thing i haven't done with it is restore but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't restore. Backups are fine.

Feel free to fully test it out as you would any new recovery.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
i built a kernel zip update that will flash with 2.6 probably verifying my rom was a fail...anyhow, its based on the zvk update zip. so when you reboot it loads the upgrading android application lol. i couldnt add smartassv2 because i couldnt find it in the menuconfig. didnt have to with gb, anyhow. i will host it if anyone has a need for it.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I will mention i have an almost empty MEGA account that i can host files on if needed. I would also love to help where possible. as for the recovery, I will flash it here in a second when i dig out my ADB folder. Not too comfortable with a restore atm simply due to the fact i no longer have the tools to do a revival if something goes wrong. anyone still have a copy of lgtools, the zvi tot, and the root? if i can get that again, i will host it indefinitely for ease of access. since i have a copy of titanium backup (admittedly hacked but fully functional. should have the money this monday to purchase it) my apps are not a concern, just recovery in the event that TWRP fails. Any news on that CWM fix you were going to do Nigel? Its my preferred recovery.

edit: found something interesting though not useful. click on software information. click on android version a few times, and it displays an android with an ics body.

Last edited:

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Idk either, even after editing qcom.post.boot.sh setting v2 as default. Whatev, the v2.o in the out/cpufreq/ and the kcon @ default. Not stressin. @ nigel you think yer revised kernel tree is worth lokiing? I know cm10.1 branch is an option.

Jaegerjaquez69

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Idk either, even after editing qcom.post.boot.sh setting v2 as default. Whatev, the v2.o in the out/cpufreq/ and the kcon @ default. Not stressin. @ nigel you think yer revised kernel tree is worth lokiing? I know cm10.1 branch is an option.
Unable to post screenshot. Just flashed kernel.zip.lol no v2 option. any suggestions?

kernel.zip is not flashable yet. it only contains a boot image titled boot.lok that must be dd'd to /dev/mmcblk0p8

But thank you for pointing me in the right direction, post_boot.sh is what is overriding the default governor set in the kernel.

Just make sure you edit the lines under our board
Code:
case "$target" in
    "msm8660")
Also make sure you're inputting smartassV2, not smartassv2. Make double sure for your module by doing a
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

Jaegerjaquez69

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeyr7Sz.jpg
5tte8Ik.jpg
Latest kernel got me this, just as a control test. Could someone run antutu and quadrant, and show me what they get with stock?

It's currently at 1.674GHZ, the default max for 8x60's. I'm thinking of doing gpu overclocks but i've been getting mixed results. Also show your gpu benchmark scores from stock.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
kernel.zip is not flashable yet. it only contains a boot image titled boot.lok that must be dd'd to /dev/mmcblk0p8

But thank you for pointing me in the right direction, post_boot.sh is what is overriding the default governor set in the kernel.

Just make sure you edit the lines under our board
Code:
case "$target" in
    "msm8660")
Also make sure you're inputting smartassV2, not smartassv2. Make double sure for your module by doing a
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_governors

after modding this-> qcom.post.boot.sh,msm8660 - Pastebin.com changes default to performance lmao. i even dd'd my boot.lok (flashed previously.) probably something in the build on my end. im syncing 10.1 and i will start working on porting the iproj kernel to the viper. again...

Just remember that ANY kernels posted on AndroidCentral or anywhere else requires that you have the modified source available online.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Just remember that ANY kernels posted on AndroidCentral or anywhere else requires that you have the modified source available online.

Do i need to remove my post? Lol i had to delete my ics source to sync cm10.1 (small disk drive 80) + windows (for flashing/rooting.) Basically 50@ubuntu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton