Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Viper roms?

I have thoroughly researched the internet and attempted at the 2 active roms available for the viper. i was able to install the superviper rom. It was extremely laggy at home screen and apps menu. Settings screen operating normal. This rom is a gb stock mock? I know it installed, i checked the model-superviper,and dif boot screen also. unable to locate the original superviper thread. running twrp 2.3.2.3, i think it was somehow modded for viper. The twrc irc was not helpful, "build a kernal" are you kidding me? Anyways, i seen the latest update was 6 months ago, seeing as how i own my viper now, where the rom status is? I have my own tools (laptop)win7. I am willing to test and learn code if necessary. lack of communication in all forum posts. Nobody reports errors, or finalities. I know you viper guys n gals communicate elsewise, but it leaves outsiders clueless. Overall it seems as if nobody has the time or patience to accomplish this task, so im taking a vow that this will happen for us. Any tips or guidance would be appreciated. Looks like i convinced myself to take twrc irc's advice afterall. Thanks to dannyman for the superviper rom, with all due respect. And thanks to dees_troy at twrc for listening.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: lg viper roms?

(edit) looks like this job is for the mac.....

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah SuperViper is a modded stock ROM. No developers found an interest in supporting the Viper, noting the lack of support from LGE.

Also, this is where the Viper users communicate. There are just few users now.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Agreed, and actually. Where the heck did Dannyman go?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Noted^ since my post, more research, and d'ls. mac unable to read ubuntu burnt iso. Got the unarchiver. Now with desktop access not sure how to install. Ubuntu 12-mac 10.6. Got sdk and refit also, i need to install ubuntu first? Maybe virtualbox?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Will have ubuntu running on virtualbox tomorrow. Any suggestions?

You just need to tell grub to chainload into your osx partition

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

I have a perfect version of Linux installed, and I'm actually running it right now, I have all the CyanogenMod github repos synced, anything I could do to help?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Dont wanna wipe mac out, boot to linux "says" alongside then has same options to wipe disk or partition, no alongside actual option. Maybe chainload grub sounds right. Got snow leopard. 2,1 Will research.

Shrink your iOSx partition then make another one and install Linux to that and don't forget to make about 8gb of swap space and make your linux partition mount point /
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

will installing ubuntu to virtualbox erase all mac data? Option says erase disk. First installation window reads alongside, but no option?? Any suggestions?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Didnt see yer post. unable to partition startup disk.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I found the ubuntu partition guide....lets see, hmmmmm.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Stuck at partition step. Bootcamp says i need to update still after updateing. 3.0. Disk utility says the partition is startup disk cannot be erased and terminal starts process....at 30% stops, unable to resize, i tried various sizes. If i install ubuntu to virtualbox will all mac data be erased. Installation prompts erase disc. Will this wipe mac?

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by progranade View Post
    Agreed, and actually. Where the heck did Dannyman go?
    Hey Im still here I check the forums off and on but i gave my viper to my sister and i got a gnex. Also Im in college now and ive had my win8 computer for about a month and i seriously cant get linux to boot. So after i get everything setup I might take another look at it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Everchanging

But the only thing ive been able to successfully build from source is the zvd kernel(gingerbread)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Maybe ive mistaken the context of alongside. Trying to install ubuntu to virtualbox on a mac. If i install it with erase disk option, potentially wiping mac, would virtualbox be the new boot option? seems unlikely. i cant risk it until i find more info.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

got confirmation, after 7 frozen install attempt, install 8 frozr at restart window. Reboot ubuntu to kernal panic? Reboot to installation screen. Ugh. More fun research to be had.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Ubuntu install success. Install from virtualbox boot, remove .iso. Android tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by progranade View Post
    Shrink your iOSx partition then make another one and install Linux to that and don't forget to make about 8gb of swap space and make your linux partition mount point /
    Lolwut? 8gb? Do you only have 256mb of actual ram or something? Lololol, Ubuntu users never cease to entertain me.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

building environment, any suggestion?

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by brandonabandon View Post
    Well Google uses Ubuntu 10.04 as its official environment. However any newer version of Ubuntu will work, as well as other Ubuntu based distros (I use mint).

You could also use cygwin in windows, although i don't recommend it.

You can also use rpm based distros, but its more difficult to setup. Google has a very nice guide to setting up a build environment on developer.android.com and xda has some pretty nice guides to.

The main factor is that, you need to run a Linux distro in order to be able to compile, as you can't compile linux/android kernels on a non Linux computer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by brandonabandon View Post
    Aren't you running OS X? OS X is a supported build environment for Android.

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Well Google uses Ubuntu 10.04 as its official environment. However any newer version of Ubuntu will work, as well as other Ubuntu based distros (I use mint).

You could also use cygwin in windows, although i don't recommend it.

You can also use rpm based distros, but its more difficult to setup. Google has a very nice guide to setting up a build environment on developer.android.com and xda has some pretty nice guides to.

The main factor is that, you need to run a Linux distro in order to be able to compile, as you can't compile linux/android kernels on a non Linux computer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I've never successfully gotten a kernel to build on OS X either. Google makes it seem like OS X is a compatible environment, but most of the tools needed to build on OS X are outdated and end up using more resources than I ever used on a Linux distro.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

update: getting source, polishing environment....thanks for the advice.

Isn't that enough? I put like 128 in mine, beacause I can buttttt... Yeah....
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast