Google Search

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you guys ever been typing in the google search bar on the home screen, when all of a sudden, the damn thing just closes? It does this in episodes and it aggravates the hell out of me. I use google many times a day so I come across it often....so any fix ideas?:confused:

Sent from my LG-LS840 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that you're accidentally hitting the back button or the button that closes the keyboard?

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty positive, because, it would do it every time I type and not just in the google search bar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But it doesn't matter where you're entering text, since the keyboard appears in the same place every time--and in portrait mode, some of those buttons are pretty close to the home or back keys. When I type, I sometimes accidentally hit the microphone key, triggering the "Speak Now" screen.

troark97

May 13, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm getting at. ONLY the google search bar does it. If it was from me hitting buttons, it'd happen when I text, email, post on a forum (haha).
Additional, hitting any the home or back button would cause a transition animation type deal. It goes straight to the home screen with out the fade out or anything.
It might be a problem with my RAM being full, but I don't think id use all of it, and It wouldn't close a foreground application... would it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm sorry, I misread your last post. I doubt it has to do with RAM being full. Try clearing the Google Search cache by going to System Settings/Apps/All, and Clear Cache. If that doesn't work, try Clear Data on that same screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress