1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gingerbread upgrade

Want to upgrade to Gingerbread on the lg vortex . Is it available yet ?

ROM
    CM 7 v9 radio

Default Re: gingerbread upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by obeachbum View Post
    Want to upgrade to Gingerbread on the lg vortex . Is it available yet ?
    As you may or may not know the VZW LG Vortex is based of the LG Optimus line sharing the closest relation to the LG Optimus S. Gingerbread was released in December to all device manufacturers, LG released Gingerbread for the optimus line to all carriers last month(or maybe august). Now it is the responsibility of the carrier to release the update to the phone itself. I've been monitoring the situation via the LG update tool and the software update option available in the Setting>about phone menu regularly on my fiance's vortex. When it goes though i'll make sure to post it on the forum. It might be worth while to PM beezy and or ksmith and ask them about bringing a port over from the optimus s line. there are other developers for the optimus s line but they're the heavy hitters for the optimus line. I do know there are some people that ported gingerbread for the optimus s from a Verizon phone so it shouldn't be too hard to modify the port from the sprint optimus s to the vzw vortex. I wish i had the know how to do this but i don't. Sadly i don't have enough know how to do it, or the time to learn presently.