[ROM][WIP]CM7 Port for Vortex VS660
08-30-2013 08:34 AM
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Current Version: CM220.127.116.11-VS660-BobZhome (11-2-2011)
Description: Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 2.3.7 (Gingerbread) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about
==== '''People worked with/owe thanks to:''' ====
Alex Zepeda a.k.a Blarf - For his great skills on developing for the Android.
Steve Kondik a.k.a Cyanogen - Seriously? Do I need to state why we owe thanks to this guy?
Koushik Dutta a.k.a Koush - For his recover.
TyMiles2012 - For needed files and testing
==== '''What NOT working?''' ====
- Screen Animations
- Roaming Indicator
==== '''Changelog''' ====
- Kernel v1: a)Changed: Setting in .config to match stock one
- Kernel v0.9: a) Reverted: Video Drivers b) Added: EXT 3 and 4 Support c) Removed: OC CPU Freq 864 MHz
- Changed: Camera Drivers to stock ones
- sync'd up with CM
- Kernel v0.7: a) Added: Bootup Default Max & Min CPU Freq b) Added: CIFS(Common Internet File System) module
- sync'd up with CM
- Camera: Back to stock(removed all tweaks)
- Kernel v0.5: a) Changed: Video Drivers to Novatek_Hitachi b) Added: Interactive Governor c) Added: Smartass Governor d) Added: Overclocking
10-23-11: Initial release
- sync'd up with CM: Android version - Updated to 2.3.7
- sync'd up with CM: CM 18.104.22.168
- Removed: FM Radio
- Removed: all live wallpaper, but kept live wallpaper chooser
- Removed: 2 extra themes - theme chooser/manager is still included
- Removed: Bootlooder from Reboot/Recovery Menu
- Removed: all languages except English
- Removed: ADWLauncher
- Added: LauncherPro
- Added: New ringtone - "Somebody's Out There" by one of my favorite bands: "Triumph"
- Changed: bootanimation
- Kernel v0.1: Stock LG Vortex
==== '''Download Links''' ====
NOTE: If you end up having issues, always go back and try wiping. Start fresh and see if things don't improve.
NOTE 2: It'll take awhile for everything to settle down. Especially after installing gapps and syncing accounts. Give it a few minutes to settle and reboot a couple times. The system will speed up after that.
Build 10/28: CM22.214.171.124-VS660-BobZhome-110211.zip MD5checksum= 4b6d15afa48055cad1cd548ee03ec7e4
Custom Gapps(with old version of market): gapps-gb-20110613-BobZhome.zip MD5checksum= 336211d87495e440e46e6d1f5b37d4d7
Latest Gapps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip MD5checksum= 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f
ClockWorkMod Recovery: VS660_recovery.img MD5checksum= c358c55d56ae384aa7eb2dfcd9bc3f39
==== '''How Can You Help?''' ====
All credit goes to Blarf(the Dev)...please donate to him for all the great work he has done.
Donations to me are also welcomed.
Enjoy!10-23-2011 07:34 PM
- NEW ISSUE FOUND!
Sometimes, settings refuse to save, they will check off, then when you leave, you'll notice that your settings didn't apply, so you go back and notice that your setting became unchecked, or all vice versa. This became a really annoying problem when it involved going into airplane mode and switching keyboards.
Here are some logcats I recorded earlier, I'll try and get those settings issues logged later.
These were logged with "adb -d logcat" If there are any other logging commands and what they do, let me know, I only know that one, and "adb logcat -b radio" for networking.
Running the Camera.
Locking and Unlocking the device a few times, for the screen animation issue.
That's all I could get you for now. Maybe you'll catch other issues I haven't found when using the phone alone in those logs. If you happen to get another testing build compiled BobZhome, keep us all updated!10-24-2011 02:21 PM
- Hi guys.
First of all, I would like to thank you for finally porting CM7 to the Vortex. You have no idea how badly I've been waiting for this. Before I continue on with the install I do have one question I'd like to ask with a small bit of background first.
Ever since I got this phone, about 9 months ago, I've been looking for a different ROM since we all know how much this one sucks. I found, on another forum, a link for Ra's Recovery and tried to install it on the first Vortex I had. I followed the directions to the T, however I somehow managed to brick the phone nonetheless. I noticed that there is now an official Recovery for Rom Manager for this phone, which makes me very happy. What I am wondering is if there is any sort of prep work I have to do either thru adb or a terminal emulator to prior to installing clockwork mod, like I had to do with that ty one from Ra, or, do all I have to do is download the VS660 img to my sd root, download Rom Manager and install clockwork mod? Obviously, I'm a little nervous about doing this having bricked another Vortex in the past. If anyone with experience with the Vortex could help me out on this, I would certainly be grateful and as soon as that's done, I'll be more than happy to jump in and help out with testing the CM7 port as well.
Matt11-21-2011 10:18 AM
- I REALLY want to install this on my wife's Vortex, BUT I am having some major problems rooting the device. I am using Android 2.2.2, and have tried z4root, and Super One Click. Each of them has issues and get me nowhere. So I am asking here for some assistance in this matter. Can someone please point me in the direction of a working way to root this phone so I can remove the bloat, AND install this ROM? I thank you for your help with this.12-02-2011 06:37 PM
- I REALLY want to install this on my wife's Vortex, BUT I am having some major problems rooting the device. I am using Android 2.2.2, and have tried z4root, and Super One Click. Each of them has issues and get me nowhere. So I am asking here for some assistance in this matter. Can someone please point me in the direction of a working way to root this phone so I can remove the bloat, AND install this ROM? I thank you for your help with this.02-02-2012 05:08 PM
- I REALLY want to install this on my wife's Vortex, BUT I am having some major problems rooting the device. I am using Android 2.2.2, and have tried z4root, and Super One Click. Each of them has issues and get me nowhere. So I am asking here for some assistance in this matter. Can someone please point me in the direction of a working way to root this phone so I can remove the bloat, AND install this ROM? I thank you for your help with this.
Try using gingerbreak03-03-2012 11:15 PM
- This rom is great. I fashed it onto my girlfriends phone and everything is awesome except for the in-call mic gain/level is low. If I hold the phone up to my mouth its loud enough or if I put it on speaker, but talking regularly on the phone the other party can barely hear anything... Any ideas or updates?06-14-2012 06:04 PM
- I know this is over a year later, but my girlfriend just gave me her old Vortex.....it had all the carrier bloatware from Verizon so I decided to root it and flash a custom ROM. I flashed a custom recovery and then flashed the LightningC ROM, I have been having issues with it so I have been trying to flash this ROM along with the custom gapps, but it hangs at the LG logo. Not sure what I might be doing wrong. I am going to restore my nandroid backup so at least i can use the phone and keep "playing" (thats what my girlfriend calls it)08-30-2013 08:34 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- LG Vortex
[ROM][WIP]CM7 Port for Vortex VS660
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD