[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if im special but im not experiencing the low mic issue. I actually got a phone call in my house which is almost impossible to keep up for more than 30 seconds without dropping. Well it didnt even so much as skip or break up. It was perfectly clear and I spoke at an average volume to a little below and it worked out fine

You must be special then. Unless you're using a nightly build and it was fixed in one of them.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I do have one question though, how can I tell how much of the swap is being used or is free? I don't see anywhere that I can find that stat and it'd be really helpful for me to know how that's working out. If there isn't a spot that I can find that, can I run SetCPU on this ROM at all? (AOKP)

Swap is not used in this ROM.

Yes you can use SetCPU. I find it useful.

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay, this appears to be what's causing roaming to show up instead of 3G or 1X, etc.

https://github.com/thunderc/aokp_fr.../statusbar/policy/NetworkController.java#L607

I believe if that was removed for the VS660 the roaming indicator on the status bar by the bars would no longer show up, however the proper way to fix this would be to fix the detection of roaming in the first place, because some people might want to know if we're actually roaming. Although I've never noticed roaming on the stock ROM and I've been around most of the USA with it.

I'm sure there are other places that would need to be fixed for this too.

EDIT: And would this config fix MMS? https://github.com/BobZhome/android...rlay/packages/apps/Mms/res/xml/mms_config.xml Credits to BobZHome for that.

Last edited:

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The AOKP ROM source shows this file: https://github.com/thunderc/aokp_de...rlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/eri.xml

The CM9 ROM source does not. That must be the difference I guess.

EDIT: I see the eri.xml file in /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/xml . Don't think I can replace it since it is in the apk. I wish I could replace that file and also replace the mms_config.xml file in /system/app/Mms.apk/res/xml :(

Powmining

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
The AOKP ROM source shows this file: https://github.com/thunderc/aokp_de...rlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/eri.xml

The CM9 ROM source does not. That must be the difference I guess.

EDIT: I see the eri.xml file in /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/xml . Don't think I can replace it since it is in the apk. I wish I could replace that file and also replace the mms_config.xml file in /system/app/Mms.apk/res/xml :(

._. thats weird.. i think I know what it can be. after all I use a flashable .zip i made for MetroPCS that fixes mms & removes the roaming indicator I made a .zip for Verizon but im having problems signing it so it flashes. :/

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
._. thats weird.. i think I know what it can be. after all I use a flashable .zip i made for MetroPCS that fixes mms & removes the roaming indicator I made a .zip for Verizon but im having problems signing it so it flashes. :/

Dang, I really need MMS fixed :(

jgramkow

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've uploaded some test files to goo.im:

aokp-test.zip
cm9-test.zip

These have updated eri.xml and MMS configs. Please let me know if they fix the roaming indicator and MMS functions.

Thx!
Just flashed the CM9 version. It did not fix the roaming indicator. It seemed to keep the little "R" in the notification bar even when Roaming was NOT checked. But connectivity was not there until I selected Roaming just like before.

BTW: This is damn cool! Very minor little bugs and all this hard work you have all done is very well appreciated!

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the CM9 version. It did not fix the roaming indicator. It seemed to keep the little "R" in the notification bar even when Roaming was NOT checked. But connectivity was not there until I selected Roaming just like before.

BTW: This is damn cool! Very minor little bugs and all this hard work you have all done is very well appreciated!

Hmm. ok. I copied that from BobZ's repo. I'll try stealing from LightningC next...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. ok. I copied that from BobZ's repo. I'll try stealing from LightningC next...

Gah, that's got a binary xml file. I tried two different binary-to-text converters and neither worked.

Can someone please provide a good text eri.xml?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci