[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
AOKP has been running fine for me here. Absolutely no problems (except for the known ;) ) About the flash Today's build.

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing running my first AOKP, and I'm loving it so far. Next step is to unplug from the charger, install more apps, reboot a few times and see if I can't find some problems.

So far, this little bastard is smokin' fast.

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've encountered my first couple of hiccups. After successfully installing multiple Google Apps from the Play Store including Play Music, Drive, Google +, Maps, etc, an attempt to install YouTube ended in "Package is invalid." Now the attempt to update Superuser is ending the same way.

Other than that, this thing is going so well, I'm wondering if I'm actually still asleep.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've encountered my first couple of hiccups. After successfully installing multiple Google Apps from the Play Store including Play Music, Drive, Google +, Maps, etc, an attempt to install YouTube ended in "Package is invalid." Now the attempt to update Superuser is ending the same way.

Other than that, this thing is going so well, I'm wondering if I'm actually still asleep.

This usually indicates a space issue. Do you use sdext? If not, its time to.

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This usually indicates a space issue. Do you use sdext? If not, its time to.

For the first time, I formatted to SD-Ext today so I'm a newb to this. Did it with GNM's recovery with a 2GB card. Chose no swap and 1GB for EXT2. Under Storage it shows the following...

Int. Storage 185mb, 142 mb Apps, 90.51 Available
SD Card .91GB, 67.61mb Apps, (then small stuff,) 537mb available.

I'm wondering if I did something wrong. I think it said it formatted it as Fat32. Don't know if that's a problem. The only reason I used GNM's recovery is because I don't have a card reader.

Tips?

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
For the first time, I formatted to SD-Ext today so I'm a newb to this. Did it with GNM's recovery with a 2GB card. Chose no swap and 1GB for EXT2. Under Storage it shows the following...

I'm wondering if I did something wrong. I think it said it formatted it as Fat32. Don't know if that's a problem. The only reason I used GNM's recovery is because I don't have a card reader.

Tips?

That looks good from what I can tell. Now get a shell (adb or terminal emulator) and run mount. You should see /sd-ext listed with type ext3 or ext4. If not, stop and fix. If so, the next step depends on how unix / commandline savvy you are.

Reactions: lesheifner

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
The reason it is saying "Package is invalid." is because this ROM and most other ROMs move dalvik-cache from /data to /cache. It allows for more space for apps, however we only have 80MB for /cache and that fills up quick. Once that gets filled up, apps won't install or update. I think that dalvik-cache would have to be moved back to /data, as I'm assuming that's what sd-ext gets added to, and not cache.

Also of note, I read that deep sleep can be prevented from being entered if you unplug your phone from charging while the screen is off. Once I had a full charge, I unlocked the phone and then unplugged it and battery life has been pretty good since then. BetterBatteryStats has been of no help about it though. The timing of it is way off. I unplugged my phone over 3 hours ago and it is reporting that I unplugged it less than 30 minutes ago, and says that deep sleep was only entered for a total of 21 seconds. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Reactions: tdm and lesheifner

kappacat

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Tips?

I also used GNM's recovery and it worked just fine for me. I also used it to upgrade ext2 to ext4. So it's not because of the recovery.

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Update: After experiencing the Package file is invalid errors, I rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik cache and was able to update Superuser as well as install one more app. Then I got the error again. Going to see if I can get away with it again.

Another Update: I got away with it again, installed another app.

Not sure if this is worth noting, but my Play Music account is nearly full. I don't know if having 19,000 songs in the database is any good for the dalvik cache on this device.

Last edited:

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
In CM7 there was a file that you deleted in i believe /system/etc/ called 01mcdalvik or something like that. Deleting it would entirely remove errors. Also Sd-ext as 4 and S2E app from the play store

kappacat

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
In CM7 there was a file that you deleted in i believe /system/etc/ called 01mcdalvik or something like that. Deleting it would entirely remove errors. Also Sd-ext as 4 and S2E app from the play store

You shouldn't use S2E. The rom has a built in script for ext support.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Update: After experiencing the Package file is invalid errors, I rebooted into recovery, wiped cache and dalvik cache and was able to update Superuser as well as install one more app. Then I got the error again. Going to see if I can get away with it again.

Another Update: I got away with it again, installed another app.

Not sure if this is worth noting, but my Play Music account is nearly full. I don't know if having 19,000 songs in the database is any good for the dalvik cache on this device.

Backup and wipe both data and cache, then you will be using your sdext fully.

Reactions: lesheifner

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Backup and wipe both data and cache, then you will be using your sdext fully.

I must have done something wrong to begin with. After checking my SD card partitions in Windows, I noticed what was supposed to be my sd-ext partition saying "unallocated." This didn't seem right. Started completely over, went from ext2 to ext3 and so on.

Now I've spent about 45 minutes straight installing apps, and not one "Package file is invalid."

Now this thing is really starting to make me happy. I can't wait for updates.

Reactions: tdm

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Do we have mms working yet? I have this girl sending me some nudes right now haha I want to know if i'll actually see em or that download button will actually fkin work

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
About 24 hours in, with AOKP, my SD Card and Vortex humming along, I have noticed some lag issues. If I want to be spontaneous and click around quite a bit, it really doesn't like it. I enabled "Don't keep activities," in dev options and seem to be having a little more luck.

I've yet to go to the latest nightly, but so far MMS is not working yet.

Powmining

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Well I've been running CM9 for since the RIL was fixed and it works great everything seems to work fine exept for the known things. I flashed my Vortex to MetroPCS so I made a MMS fix for it so MMS works fine for me. there's some lags sometimes but that's to be expected anyways I love CM9! can't wait for when the rotation and the mic is fixed! :D

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Battery on AOKP is ridiculously awesome. Seriously. I've been on the Web, the phone and everything else, unplugged since 2pm. It's 11pm and I've got 59 percent. Kind of absurd actually.

Sent from my LG-VS660 using Android Central Forums

MWisBest

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I bit the bullet and formatted my SD card with my recovery (after backing it up of course): 1GB of ext4 and 256MB of swap. Good thing was that I was able to clean out my SD card of things I didn't need anymore, I hadn't done that for quite some time, and plus I don't need to move apps to the SD card anymore so that won't be taking up any of the regular space. I have a 16GB card, so it's all good :p

I do have one question though, how can I tell how much of the swap is being used or is free? I don't see anywhere that I can find that stat and it'd be really helpful for me to know how that's working out. If there isn't a spot that I can find that, can I run SetCPU on this ROM at all? (AOKP)

Also: I set a custom carrier in the settings and just put Verizon and I don't see "Roaming Indicator On" anymore in the ROM where the carrier would be, and normally I'd see it in the lockscreen but I must've done something with the lockscreen settings to remove it from that screen entirely. I just put Stock for the lockscreen and added battery, weather, and time. Only thing left is to get rid of the stupid R that appears above the bars on the status bar. I'm guessing that could be remedied with a theme that modifies it somehow. And I don't see the R there when the WiFi signal is on the status bar for some reason. EDIT: https://github.com/thunderc/aokp_fr...rawable-mdpi/stat_sys_data_connected_roam.png That'd be the file to replace. Probably in a similar place for CM9 ROM. EDIT2: I see that instead of showing that it should be showing if we're connected to 3G or 1X, so replacing that wouldn't be an option then...

Have you guys tried Nova Launcher at all? I like how it looks exactly like the AOSP Launcher and just adds more features and things to customize to it.

Last edited:

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if im special but im not experiencing the low mic issue. I actually got a phone call in my house which is almost impossible to keep up for more than 30 seconds without dropping. Well it didnt even so much as skip or break up. It was perfectly clear and I spoke at an average volume to a little below and it worked out fine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance