Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354737390496.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354737390496.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 30

spicer__

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
im new to this so please forgive my ignorance. it seems as tho an officialy nightly cm9 has been abandonded so i was wondering if it would be possible for a developer to frankenstein the hardware settings/info from, say lightnting c and mesh it with the cm9 the rid the romm of the faults? again please forgive my ignorance and grammar

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
CM9 code is pretty much frozen. You won't see nightlies anywhere unless the developer is maintaining their own changes in the ROM

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I just found something out, don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem but if so, this'll cure some headache.

Build: AOKP

Problem: proximity sensor not shutting screen of while your face is against screen (in a call).

Cure: Open phone app ->menu: settings ->Disable lights out: check it.

For some reason it has the opposite effect.. I'm sure others have discovered this, but if not here you go!

Regards,

Sent from an icy Vortex utilizing Tapatalk 2.

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, I called them and tried to activate it and had a little trouble. The rep asked me to punch in some numbers, and said that would bring up some activation thing. I assume that because it is no longer the manufacturers software, that activation thing wasn't there. I didn't want to say the phone was rooted, but maybe should have. She said that I could call back once my phone number is ported over to Virgin, and could finish up the activation then.

I'm only asking now before I call back and have to explain why I can't activate it normally.

Side note: This is the 5th or 6th ROM I tried with this phone. It is the ONLY one that's worked (so far) on my Optimus V. Thanks for your hard work. And thanks for the quick reply.

aqma

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Just trying CM9 last night. everything works well except mentioned bugs. it's fell faster than previous CM7 on gingerbread.
but anyway I still wait for rotation error to be fixed.

jkok

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
New update on fixes(aokp):
For those who are having issues charging with an ac/dc, or usb charging, there is an option under settings>rom control>Performance>and tick the checkbox for fast charge; reboot; this will disable usb storage tho, untill unchecked and rebooted; but it will get it to start charging. just one thing i noticed and had to start doing, otherwise it would say charging, but the battery percentage went down instead of up. if you need to use the usb storage, you need to uncheck then reboot, then try, or alternatively unmount the sdcard, then use a micro sdcard adapter(if you have a sdcard slot in a computer), or a micro sdcard to usb transflash, or you can switch roms for a bit just follow the steps y6ou probabbly alrteady know for it, the usuall backup, flash/restore backup, the usuall. =) hope this helped

Last edited:

zemm356

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Quattrimus ICS
Android 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" for the Vortex.
Flavors: CM9 and AOKP (AOSP on the way).

Latest release
beta2

Official Page
Primary
Alternate

Please read the official page before reporting issues.

Do not use link2sd, mount2sd, or any other 2sd script with this ROM.

Hi to all

Flashed CM9 nightly + kernel for Optimus V 3.0.8 + init.thunder+ OS_keswap +small gapps

result

WIFI, all sensors working, specially accelerometer works good in auto mode for web, camera perfectly,
working stable coz kernel are good, tested for few days, 4GB SD splited for 2 partitions, 1t FAT32 2d ext3
BUGS ( as usually with custom)
no usb, charging indicator no works, battery status show only 100% 75% 50% and 25%, and low micro volume, but better than before

done next way

1. Wipe
2. ROM CM9 ( added Root_Explorer)
3. Kernel 3.0.8. text 61 ( see updates http://forums.androidcentral.com/op..._lge_msm7x27-3-0-x-3-0-8-a-5.html#post2964028 )
4. Init ( took original 4.0.4 init.thunderc.rc, deleted boot logo line)
5. Os keyswap
6. flash gapps-ics-20120429-small
7. Reboot

Note. This is JB 4.0.4, be sure you have an sd-ext on your sd card before, as rom use it for dalvik and data, another case you will got problem with apps installation - error in loading or package file invalid for big size apps
** also use fast speed SD 10class

Links
ROM http://www.ex.ua/get/66538785
GAPPS http://www.ex.ua/get/66538880

Attachments

• 3.0.8.test_61.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 17
  • init.thunderc.rc.cai -nightly.zip
    520.6 KB · Views: 15
  • OS-keyswap.zip
    132.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2013-07-31-13-09-43.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-31-13-09-43.png
    72 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2013-07-31-13-09-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-31-13-09-58.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

mdlash

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi All! Firstly, thanks to all who are keeping this going! One question, does cell/3g service now work as well? I still use my vortex as my daily phone currently running BobZhome's CM7 build which has worked great for me awhile now. Would love to have 4.0.4, but need all services to work...

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance