So frustrated, please help

munnin42

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Here's the story: I have a Vortex I do not use since i got my Gnex. I have never rooted anything before but i want to learn, so i am trying it on one of my Vortex' so i don't hurt my gnex. I have been trying all day to follow guides and outdated posts and i am fed up. Can anyone please just give me a step by step guide for noobs on how to root and install a custom rom to my vortex? I have superuser on it so i think I rooted it.... i tried clockwork mod but every time i follow the app through it reboots my phone and it's stock again with nothing but superuser. Please do not just link me to XDA because they use so many technical terms and I just do not get it at all. I can't get the adb shell to work at all either. If anyone can help I would be eternally grateful, i really want to learn how to do this and use my Gnex to it's full potential.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The process for rooting devices is different for each one, so learning about the Vortex will be fairly useless, and also much more complicated than rooting your Nexus. If you check out the Verizon Galaxy Nexus section here, we've got some really great, easy guides for you to follow if you want to root your GNex.

Sent from my dirty rainbow unicorn Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD (HorriblyDeveloped)

munnin42

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...I gave up on the vortex. I want to root my nexus but there are so many guides and information that I get confused easily. Thank you for the reply though I appreciate it :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2