Question on rooting my verizon LG Vortex

stieber73

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to root my LG vortex, the specs of phone is:

Android version: 2.2.2
Build: FRG83G
sw version: VS660ZV7

Can't someone point me to the procedures in doing so.

Thank you :)

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
on Superoneclick, I get a error that says:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application,if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit the application eill close immediately.

Did u click continue? If not you should do it and see what happens if it works then dont worry about it. If it doesnt work let me know.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
it wont mess up my phone will it??

The worst SOC will do is fail. If that happens use titanium backup to back up your apps. If you want to keep text messages and call logs just go to the market and search for sms back up and grab a free one. Once everything is backed up shut down your phone. Press and hold vol down, home, and power until you see a progress bar. Let go when you do, and wait for the phone to boot back in skip all the start up things, just keep clicking next, and when you get to the home screen again. Go to menu, settings, applications, development, check keep awake, and USB debugging mode. Plug your phone in now, use the notification bar to change from whatever connectivity mode you were in to charge only. Slide the notification bar back up and toggle USB debugging off then back on. Launch SOC and click root.

If youre worried about messing up your phone back it up first. Your phone has an auto wipe system, if something messes up activating it via the vol down home power when the phone is off wipes your phone clean to a fresh out of the box start, minus the provisioning crap which is already done.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
the SOC is stuck on checking drivers, is that normal??

Is your phone ejected from the computer? It needs to be plugged in be ejected from the computer, use safely remove hardware for this. It should not hang for more then 20 seconds at any point in the process. If it does force close SOC unplug your phone and plug it back in. In your taskbar find hover over the icons until you find one that says safely remove hardware right click on it and eject it. Its faster to respond if you go to computer and fine your phone then right click on it and eject it from there. Once that is done toggle USB debugging mode off then back on in the phones menu and re launch SOC.

stieber73

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
rooting my lg vortex

Is your phone ejected from the computer? It needs to be plugged in be ejected from the computer, use safely remove hardware for this. It should not hang for more then 20 seconds at any point in the process. If it does force close SOC unplug your phone and plug it back in. In your taskbar find hover over the icons until you find one that says safely remove hardware right click on it and eject it. Its faster to respond if you go to computer and fine your phone then right click on it and eject it from there. Once that is done toggle USB debugging mode off then back on in the phones menu and re launch SOC.

Did all that and still nothing

stieber73

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
ty, here is the error details I get when I last tried the first method with SOC:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the path specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at SuperOneClick.AdbClient.ADBInterface.runCommand(String arguments)
at SuperOneClick.Form1.runOperationUI(ADBInterface adbInterface, String description, String arguments)
at SuperOneClick.Form1.btnRoot_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3620 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SuperOneClick
Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Eric/Desktop/SuperOneClick.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech