Problems texting non-smart phones

MarkW139

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I am having a problem with a Vortex when texting to a non-smart phone. When I try to text only the first part of the message is sent, and the length seems to be random. One Virgin Mobil phone does not receive anything except who it is from. I also will not send a multi page text to anyone including smart phones. The problem started on Android 2.2.2 but I have since rolled back to version 2.2.0 and have the same problems. Any input or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance!!!

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Is it every single message you send, our just some?

If it's only some, are they over 160 characters? I know you said it sends them at different lengths, but are you sending them longer than 160 to begin with.

Are you using the default messaging feature on the Vortex, or an app like Handcent or Chomp SMS?

Sent via Tapatalk

Reactions: MarkW139

MarkW139

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is with every message regardless of length. Even short ones seem to get truncated at a random point in the message. I am using the default message app that comes standard on the Vortex. This only seems to happen when sending to a non-smart phone.

MarkW139

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I decided to give Handcent a try and all of my problems vanished!!!!!
It must be a problem with the stock sms app. Thanks cae2685 for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy