Using LG Watch Sport with T-Mobile

ddoouugg

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am a T-Mobile customer. If I buy an LG Watch Sport, can I add it to my T-Mobile account so the watch will have cellular access? If so, how? (And does it matter where I buy the watch?) Links to any resources on the LG or T-Mobile site would be appreciated!

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I am a T-Mobile customer. If I buy an LG Watch Sport, can I add it to my T-Mobile account so the watch will have cellular access? If so, how? (And does it matter where I buy the watch?) Links to any resources on the LG or T-Mobile site would be appreciated!
Looks like it works, but can't use a wearable SIM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/5u5hsy/lg_watch_sport_on_tmobile_working/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/5sv6tg/tmobile_wearable_plan/

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't have all of the radio bands to make it fully compatible with T-Mobile, so you're likely to run into some coverage issues there. There's also the second hurdle that T-Mobile is unlikely to actually give you a wearable SIM and plan for a device it isn't set up to offer service for.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Daryl Ford

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using mine on T-Mobile. I started by going to my local T-Mobile store and asking for a sim for my smartwatch. Signed up for the DIGITS beta ( multiple devices, one number). Chose the Samsung S3 option and entered my ICCID. Got an email later that night approving me for the DIGITS beta.

evelbug

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you tell them it was for a lg sport, or did you just ask for a smart watch?

When you signed up for the digits, did you do that in store?

Thanks,
Rik

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
FYI, the watch and phone do not have to be on the same network. Verizon offers a single line (no phone required) wearable plan for $10/mo (with autopay and paperless billing).

Daryl Ford

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you tell them it was for a lg sport, or did you just ask for a smart watch?

When you signed up for the digits, did you do that in store?

Thanks,
Rik

I just said a smartwatch. If they had asked, I would have said the Gear 3. You can Google Tmobile Digits beta sign up. It'll take you to the page so you can sign up.

evelbug

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I went in and signed up for the watch plan. With the Sim in, the watch isn't picking up anything. I think it may be an issue with the Sim, because I tried the watch sim in my phone and it wouldn't work in there either. I'll go back to the store on Monday and see if they can give me a different sim

Daryl Ford

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I went in and signed up for the watch plan. With the Sim in, the watch isn't picking up anything. I think it may be an issue with the Sim, because I tried the watch sim in my phone and it wouldn't work in there either. I'll go back to the store on Monday and see if they can give me a different sim

Did you restart your watch and mess with the connection settings? Mine was the same way.

Maxwell Nunya

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Did you restart your watch and mess with the connection settings? Mine was the same way.

What settings did you end up with to work? I've tried all 3 network types and picked automatic and t mobile for the network. No dice. I've registered for digits but haven't gotten my second email yet, maybe that'll change something?

One other thought, did you get your watch from Google store or somewhere else?

Last edited:

DaDoc04

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
What settings did you end up with to work? I've tried all 3 network types and picked automatic and t mobile for the network. No dice. I've registered for digits but haven't gotten my second email yet, maybe that'll change something?

Sounds like the sim hasn't been activated yet. Wait until you get the 2nd email from tmo digts

evelbug

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I went back to T-mobile and they tried a different sim and still no joy. I kept getting a message that my device wasn't supported on the wearable plan. They told me they could give me a voice sim, but I'm not paying that much to be able to make calls from my watch. I may look into Verizon.

skinnytoo201

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I tried my tmobs smartphone SIM in my watch and it worked after I reset the device. I think you need to reset Everytime you use a new SIM to get the settings to take.

DaDoc04

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Got my digits beta sim from tmo today... Turned my phone off and made a few calls with the watch. Works great

Last edited:

evelbug

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried my tmobs smartphone SIM in my watch and it worked after I reset the device. I think you need to reset Everytime you use a new SIM to get the settings to take.

I tried resetting many times. I guess it's not in the cards for me. I'm hoping in the future tmobile open it up to non tmobile devices. If not I can always swap my phone sim if I plan on carrying my phone around.

DaDoc04

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Evel, did you sign up for tmo digits?

Select tmobile android phone... When you get asked if its a s5, s6 etc... Select no... Then submit.

afblangley

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile doesn't have a problem provisioning watches on smartphone plans. The difficulty sometimes arise putting watches not sold by T-Mobile on a wearable plan, which are advantageous because of the lower cost.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
evelbug i'm all over that... although i'm a little confused on if they give you a new number for the watch. if so can i transfer calls to my watch from my cell... having two numbers is really not needed....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar